I came to the country in the middle of winter, and after half a day in my plot gathered cats, which the owners left there to winter alone.

Masyanya, Peach, Scratch - it would seem that this is a set of random words? But experienced cats will quickly understand us and on the move will be able to name 10 more nicknames suitable for a fluffy cutie. What do you call a cat?So the name is memorable and the pet gets used to it quickly? Let’s say right away – this case is not as simple as it may seem at first glance. Cat ears work very differently than ours. This must be taken into account first of all.

Peels References to Bulgakov, for example, is perhaps a good thing. But don’t call a black cat a Behemoth. Well, you'll think, the mustache ate to the onset of frost, with whom it does not happen. But not directly to that extent. And seriously, it will be difficult for a cat to associate himself with this word. After all, it does not have the sounds “z”, “c”, “c”. The rest of the consonants are not very interesting to him. So it turns out that someone else will respond to Behemoth, sitting on a diet. But not a cat that already has a lot of things to do.

My sincere advice to you, as from a summer resident, is to check the wiring at least once every six months. Because while you are not out of town, your property is in danger, so know. Thank goodness it went relatively uncritically. But if the flames did not quickly go out, I would have been left without a dacha. And so, I had to take my son with me and go, eliminate the consequences of the accident.

In winter, as you know, there is nothing to do. The houses around them were also empty. Why not spend a few days with the child, show him something different from the typical life of a city dweller? At the same time, he'll take his mind off the phone, help his father with his job. It used to be the norm. There are sleds, food collected, from the stove warm. All conditions for a small change of scenery. Although if it's boring, I'll take my son back to town. That's what I had plans for.

But literally half a day after we were at the station, I noticed the following. Although there were no people around, my son and I had a pretty good company of hungry tailed locals. Rumbling, meowing and demanding human warmth. And some food, too. Fish like cats since childhood: strangers, yards, whatever. And, of course, the boy began to ask me to let them warm up and feed. And as I knew, I picked up porridge and canned food even more than I should. And sparing food for cats is a sin.

And then what started, you have no idea. There were so many of them that I thought there wasn't enough room for me and my son. For me, they were all the same, but my son immediately began to give them names and even somehow distinguished between them. Here's the red one - we'll have a peach. Okay, because he's red. Black who? Of course, Bagheera. I don't know if it was a cat or a cat, but it was kind of a problem even in Mowgli. In the book it is a cat and in the cartoon it is a cat. So it's okay.

An ordinary striped kitten to his son for some reason seemed green, as if its gray stripes merged into green. Became Zelenka literally immediately. I even felt sorry for the poor guy, could be Viscas, for example. There were two white cats. But we sorted them out quickly. Belyash and Squirrel. Elementary. In general, they say that cats do not like when there are hissing sounds in their name. They will be angry when they are unhappy. But! White cats are often born deaf. So I told my son that they probably didn't care about nicknames, and I just sprinkled more food.

There were Basilio, Thomas and Garfield. I honestly wouldn’t remember it in my life, but my son still remembers all the cats by name. It's been a long time. Whatever it was, but just leave the purring we could not. The son offered to take the three youngest and take them to the bazaar, to the locals. Maybe someone would take a belly. So we did the next day. I eliminated all the weak points of the wiring, beat the wall with special material so that, God forbid, nothing happened. And we went to the market.

Peels Cats meowed, demanded they let go or more canned porridge. But two managed to give thanks to the persistence of Grishka. It was the first time I saw a genuine interest in something that wasn’t about video games or movies. It was a wonderful time for me as a father.

Unfortunately, we could not give up all the cats. Among them were obviously old ones who were used to wild life themselves. But all the time that we were in the country, we fed them, gave them water, even built a couch. There is nothing to do, but you can help animals. And to be honest, without this gang, I think Grisha would have started whining about a city apartment with the Internet in a couple of hours. Thanks to the cats, help.

But I saw my son’s eyes burning as he stroked the smallest kitten, the weakest. I had sad thoughts about him because it was clear he needed special care. We'll take him to the vet, then what? My wife will kill me, and that's it. However, Grisha was like a kitten at the time. And I didn't want to say no to him. And the wife. There are other people's pets. It's not St. Bernard in a one-bedroom apartment.

In general, now Bantik lives with us and does not know grief. Even his wife loved him, although I managed to groan for a couple of days, I will not hide this. And somehow it became more fun to live at home after his arrival. Cozy. My son plays with a kitten, my wife and I no longer run to him to fight every half hour because of constant games either on the computer or on the phone. That's good. So the faulty wiring, you could say, did us a good job.

However, I would like to address the respected summer residents personally. Do not leave animals outside the city. Please. It only seems that since they are animals, they must be able to survive in the wild. That's not really true. You leave your Moors, Snowflakes, Marquises, Cocosics with literally nothing. There are lots of gardens around, nothing to profit from. They are already used to human company. And that's what we humans do to them. So let’s call each other people not by fact, but because of what we did. That would be more honest, wouldn't it?

Tags

See also

New and interesting