Irina noticed that her elderly mother has changed a lot, in trying to help her, the woman almost killed herself.

Old age of the body is certainly an unpleasant thing. Pain throughout the body, weakness, malaise. Unfortunately, due to an unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle, such symptoms occur more and more often in people. But senility - to attack much worse. It is the people who suffer from this evil. Especially close relatives.

Peels does not appear this trouble immediately. Or rather, its signs may not seem obvious at first. Apathy, indifference, eternal discontent. What to say, many young people live in this rhythm for years, you think, just the character. But over time, things will get worse and worse. Turning a person into an irritating hermit without any reason. Sad and unpleasant. But what do we do then?

Yulia Mikhailovna, a teacher of foreign literature, loved and respected the whole school. She got along well with children, mastered her subject, was an active participant in school life. The woman constantly conveyed new and new information to the students, not often tortured them with unnecessary tests, but made sure that the children understood the very essence of her lessons.

But that was before. And over the past 3 years, she, according to students and even some teachers, began to give specifically so. She went to work without enthusiasm. Increasingly, she taught classes on the principle of “you read quietly, and I do my own thing.” Even in the teacher's office, she tried not to talk to anyone again. And when she did have to go to the dialogue, then besides complaints from Yulia Mikhailovna, almost nothing was heard.

Not that anything has changed in a woman’s life, no. Same divorce, two adult daughters, everyday life as a teacher. Nothing special. It's like someone's been replaced. Some teachers tried to help, but nothing came of it. The teacher just sighed, rolled her eyes and turned away from any offers of help. That was the end of it.

The eldest daughter Irina first suspected something wrong and decided to figure it out, whatever it cost her. She also lived alone, worked. So she could spend a little extra time with her mother. I took a small cake, some other small things and went to visit to understand the situation.

Ira sincerely wanted to help and decided not to refuse any of my mother’s requests. Although it is not at all old, even a person over 50 may have an acute internal crisis. You need to understand and support your beloved mother. Who would do that if not their daughter?

But after their conversation, Irina’s mood only worsened. Her mother complained about everything: the children at work got her sick. Adults are worse. Life seems gray, no one understands. We also have to go to the village and clean up. There is also business on the other side of town. And so on and so forth.

Irina, who accepted her mother’s complaints as a guide to action, began to fulfill them. She took a few days off, went to the village, hired two local workers, cleaned up the weeds, took out the garbage. I paid, of course, out of my pocket. Mom's answer was not long in coming. The mother began to complain even more than before and even reproached her daughter for hiring two workers, because she could only have one.

As a result, Ira traveled around the city for more than a month to fulfill her mother’s whims, and then return to her for a new batch of criticism and reproaches. The girl herself became more irritable, tired and nervous. Even her beloved cat stopped eating. Animals are said to be the first to feel when something is wrong inside.

When the phone rang at Oksana, she was just feeding her son. Ira's older sister called. Irina asked me to borrow some money. I had to repaint the wallpaper in my mother's room, and there were only a few days before my paycheck. Strange request, but the voice from the tube heard that this is not a joke.

The youngest daughter of Julia Mikhailovna got married early, but she did not regret it at all. She had a strong family, two small children, and she always felt very confident in everything. Character she went to his father, and he was still selfish and selfish. In fact, this is why he and his wife separated.

Oksana, who had not seen her mother for a long time, agreed to lend her sister money. But for herself, she decided to visit her mother, find out more. Wallpaper paste? Did my mom have someone? That's good news, so we need to find out all the details. There are few who will become their stepfather with their sister. What if someone's a crook?

But in a tightly curtained apartment, Oksana saw two rickety women. In them she recognized her own sister and mother. The women looked at the guest from the back, tired, fallen inside eyes. Yulia Mikhailovna began to sigh first. Without saying hello, she accused Oksana of not visiting her for a long time. Not like her older sister.

Then Ira joined my mother’s monologue. She denounced Oksana for doing the same, only adding to her claims that Oksana would be younger, and therefore, in fact, should try twice as hard for the family. But it's okay, it's good to be here now. Here, dear sister, is your first task.

But Oksana just silently opened the curtains and let the sunlight into the dusty dark room. Then I looked around everyone and took money out of my pocket. Only to put them back together.

“You know, Ira, I don’t think you need to change the wallpaper here. Just clean up and it'll be beautiful. There's no need to spend too much. By the way, why do you look so bad? Do you think men will love you with circles under your eyes? Ira, please take care of yourself. You already have two nephews. When am I going to visit my own? I won't be an aunt. Okay? Great.

Old age of the soul "Mom, what is it?" The apartment is dusty. You live alone, don't you have time to clean up? Got it? Why don't you use it? Ira has a life of her own, you can't use wallpaper here. Again, what's your news? Yeah, kids are sick, work. Well, I'd go to my grandchildren. Kids, too, but younger ones, might get back to you. It’s better than sitting at home complaining about life.

Listen to yourself. Nothing is right for you, and nothing is right for you. You just have plenty of free time. There you are. No, you, Ira, of course, spinning like a squirrel in a wheel, I get it. Do you have a layer of dust with a finger thick at home? Same thing. Take care of your life.”

And then this brazen and self-assured ray of light in the dark realm just turned around and closed the door behind it. Oksana went home. Ira looked at her mother with a surprised look and began to gather. The cat was hungry, too. Yulia Mikhailovna wanted to stop her, but knew in advance that it would lead to nothing.

Half an hour after the departure of the eldest daughter, the woman looked around. The apartment could really be removed. There was something in the laundry. Oh, we need to clean up and go to school. Let her daughters go about their business, and she has plenty of students. What did that attack her? Probably a midlife crisis or something. I should apologize to Irochka for my behavior. It's just awful.

Tags

See also

New and interesting