Adult daughter against my man, puts a choice, do not want to sacrifice my happiness

Loneliness in old age Like a terrible dream. Days change one after another, promising nothing good. Ex-friends don't come to visit. There is nothing to say about children or grandchildren. Everyone is busy with their lives and they don't care about old people. It remains only to walk in the fresh air and stare at the happy couples passing by with envy.

Therefore, it is so important to find a loved one with whom it would not be afraid to spend your whole life. In spite of various trifles, such as a complex character or inappropriate (in your opinion) hobbies. Naturally, everything has its limits. But with age you start to put up with all sorts of trifles. Your family becomes much more important than that. Wisdom comes with years.

It's hard to be a widow at 30. And also with a small child in his arms. But I guess I was meant to. My husband left young, and we overcame all the hardships and hardships together with our daughter. I was lucky that I worked immediately after graduation and motherhood did not knock out of me the remnants of professional skills.

But it was still very hard. We saved on everything we could, I woke up early, came home very late. Thanks, Mom helped with Karina. She nursed, trained, cooked her if she had time. A little later it became easier: the daughter grew up, and she no longer needed to spend so much attention. Well, relatively, you know.

For the first 5 years, I couldn’t even think about looking for a new man. I knew the girl needed a father, but I couldn’t get over it. Then began the study, the growing up of the child. During this period, we pretty much rubbed each other's nerves, but then, fortunately, reconciled. She, you see, started that very difficult age. I just wanted peace and some kind of commitment and responsibility.

When the institute began, we quietly decided not to interfere in each other's affairs. I could only casually ask her boyfriend, but nothing more. She's an adult now, and I need to keep my interests to myself. That's probably how everyone lives now. At some point, a colleague of mine suggested that I go to the theater or something. Kindly, but very discreetly showed signs of attention.

We had a few dates, which didn’t lead to anything. I wasn’t ready to make a new love. He, in turn, could not forget his ex-wife. Anyway, it was over before it started. On the other hand, though briefly, I felt like a woman. With courtships, calls, a timid bouquet of flowers is not at all appropriate. Yeah, it's been a while.

Karina is married now. She has a child and I have a grandson. Good family, I like my son-in-law very much. I see that he has adapted to the difficult character of his daughter, so he really loves her.

I'm not young anymore. I didn’t expect any tender feelings at my age. Life passed by, but it gave me the opportunity to raise the child and remain an honest, normal person.

So it was doubly strange for me to meet a very interesting man who was, like me, a longtime widower. He seemed to like me, too. We walk a lot together, we talk. Since his work was associated with constant departures, Sergey spent a lot of time abroad. So the interlocutor from him turned out to be very smart and well-read.

Adult daughter or mature lover? But Karina doesn't approve of our union very much. She doesn't like everything about my new boyfriend. He gave most of his wealth to his children. And the fact that he is younger than me, even if 3 years. Even his mustache irritates his daughter. My husband has a long beard, though. I can't figure it out when this is over.

Yeah, Karina and I are still friends. She doesn’t visit more than once a month. She is my daughter, so she has the right to express her opinion about my choice. Who knows if he'll become her stepfather? But there's so much negativity, and it's out of nowhere. I even lied to her several times that Sergey and I had not seen each other in a long time. But it can't last long.

I don't know what to choose. Sacrifice your happiness in old age. Or finally falling out with the only child to whom, in fact, I dedicated my life. Anyway, this situation does not bode well. Maybe if you invite them all to the table, things will get better. Or it could just be a big scandal. I don't know, but time will tell.

Tags

See also

New and interesting