What to do to breed an orchid and turn it into home pride

Once I was given a magnificent orchid with beautiful flowers, and after a while I wanted to reproduce it. At first I thought it was very difficult, because I had never done this kind of thing before. I read a special book, looked at a lot of articles, asked friends...

It could last forever if I didn’t accidentally write off on a forum with a woman who’s been doing orchids for 13 years and knows everything about them! She taught me how to reproduce these amazing houseplants.

Reproduction of orchids at home 3 simple ways
  1. division of the bush At home, it is easiest to multiply an orchid by simply dividing the bush. The plant should be healthy and have many sprouts. This is done during flower transplantation in the spring.

Carefully separate the rhizomes from the substrate. The roots must be clean. Cut them with garden scissors so that there are several pseudobulbs left on each plant. All cuts must be treated with wood powder. Prepare pots with substrate to plant orchids in them.

Then comes the period of rooting. The plant must take root. To do this, water it and spray the leaves with water every day. The orchid took root if new shoots appeared on it.

2. Root processes Orchid care It should be right that over time it has processes at the roots. It is difficult to separate them from the mother plant. The roots of the process must grow well to be ready for separation and transplantation. They should be about 3-5 cm long.

With a sharp object, cut off the procession from the trunk in the place where they connect. Let me dry and sprinkle charcoal. Put it in the substrate pots. There must be drainage holes through which moisture will pass.

Water as the substrate dries, but do not allow a complete absence of moisture. Like any young plant, transplanted orchids need fertilization, fertilizer with the content of the main nutrients - nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium is suitable. In a year, you'll be young. flowering.

3. Seyants For this method, you need to buy a flask with orchid seedlings. The method is simple to use and gives an excellent result. Break the flask, remove the seedlings from it and wash with running water. Then soak in a solution of permanganate for 5 minutes. Then put the seedlings on a paper towel and let them dry. Plant the seedlings in a special substrate. For babies to adapt, they need a lot of light, moisture and a temperature of 20 to 24 ° C.

Transplanting an orchid is easy. Remember that the main thing is the proper care of flowers.

Tags

See also

New and interesting