What phrases can spoil the relationship between parents and children

The way a child communicates with their parents, friends, and caregivers is the most important aspect of their development. Communication is the key to a happy future for your son or daughter.

Many parents try to establish relationships with children through gifts or permissiveness. However, it is the attention of mom and dad that forms the correct perception of the outside world by the child, and also helps to find harmony in the inner world.

Features of communication of children with parents This type of relationship is different from the one we maintain with our peers, friends and co-workers.

Many psychologists advise treating your child as if he is an adult. There is some truth in this, because this perception creates seriousness. It is very important for a child to be accepted as a full-fledged person, it is important for him that his dreams, desires and thoughts were perceived not as a joke, but as a significant and important thing.

It doesn’t matter that all of these things can change. Of course, as your son ages, shift. Most likely, dreams of a future in space will be replaced by more realistic goals.

Why is it so important to appreciate and support even the very first, still unstable views of the world? The fact is that parents for a child are peculiar world-wide. At first they are the whole world.

Even if parents are disdainful and unserious about their child, what about everyone else? That's why. Features of communication with the child in the family It's so important. A couple of careless phrases can easily disrupt a positive perception of the world, and this, in turn, can negatively affect the future success of the child, his productivity and optimism.

There is one phrase to avoid anyway. "Here I am at your age." I'm sure you've heard this before as a child or as an adult.

Why the phrase "here I am at your age" should be strictly forbidden
  1. Remember your own feelings after hearing this. What exactly did you feel? Most likely, it was outrage, resentment, and maybe even anger. And the most important and unpleasant is acute awareness. horrific injustice. Do you want your child to feel this?

2. Why do all these thoughts arise? Resentment can be caused by the fact that the child understands the ambiguity of the situation. The world is constantly changing, including its realities. When you were your child’s age, it was different. Because don't compare me and him.

3. It’s because you made mistakes too. Probably at this age. I mean, you had error. Why doesn’t your child have that right? Of course, you want to protect your child from all harm, but people learn from mistakes. The very presence of failures and failures indicates the presence of development and progress.

4. Anger is caused by the fact that the parent, who is supposed to support and help, only blames and turns a blind eye to the really important things. Wanting to prove our rightness, we forget and can greatly offend the native person.

Remember that your child and his well-being are more important than your pride. You gave birth to a man to give him everything you can and to let him out into this world prepared. It is not worth living for him without giving him the opportunity to make a mistake.

Try to support and give good advice, but be ready to let him go when the time comes. Your son or daughter will be grateful for that.

Tags

See also

New and interesting