Walk on the train (18 photos)

Steam locomotives are now exotic. Except for a small number of museums and sightseeing, historic trains and more of them can not be found anywhere else. They were replaced by more powerful, economical engines.
But in the history of railways, perhaps, no other type of locomotives, so spectacular and beautiful.

Writes Russos

In November, I took a walk around the small ring at the railway locomotive L-2344. Early in the morning I arrived at the Kiev railway station, where the landing-stage stood fallow our locomotive. Naturally, he was surrounded by a crowd of photographers with DSLRs, compacts and phones. It was very difficult to take pictures, so people do not fall into the frame.

FAQ:

A steam locomotive - Soviet mainline freight locomotive, developed at the end of the Second World War under the leadership of an outstanding designer LS Lebedyansky and are available from 1945 to 1955. He is one of the best Soviet locomotives and mass. Among the railroad and railway fans of steam locomotives L stuck the nickname "Lebedyanki" and "Swan».

By locomotive was hooked just one car:

Steam locomotive L-2344:

Our part is the route number, the name and time of departure:

Landing stage in the morning is very beautiful:

Steam locomotive chugs, hisses. He lives:

His arrangements can be examined for hours:

Pshshsh ...

Stash in the tender:

The station Cherkizovo found out that our trip - a big Fail :) It turned out that the train, after driving about 200 meters from the station broke. We all took this as an expectation of the route, and actually drove us to the locomotive, and we went under his thrust:

Workaholic:

There were attempts to repair the engine, but they were unsuccessful. And to travel in the opposite direction, we drove another locomotive:

Repair:

The first locomotive for some reason, brought back to the train. So further one car with two hauling locomotive shunting locomotive CHMEZ:

It's a shame, but nothing helped. Cargo back and go to Ugreshskaya. Species I did not take off, as there to shoot on the move is nothing special:

Tags

See also

New and interesting