Environmental Habits Every Self-Regarding Person Should Follow

Not only people and animals suffer from the war in Ukraine, but also our entire planet. It is difficult to imagine how large the scale of the destructive impact of military actions on nature. Is it possible to maintain an ecological lifestyle in such conditions? I believe it is our duty and necessity.

Today I will tell you about what ecological habits should not be forgotten even in times of war. I hope these tips will help you at least somehow level out what is happening in the world.

Environmental way of life War is a disaster of universal scale. Today in Ukraine there are at least 5 serious problems that adversely affect the state of the environment. First of all, this nuclear risks.

Today, the Zaporizhia nuclear power plant is under occupation. The constant movement of enemy military equipment and the human factor can lead to disastrous consequences. This will affect the entire European continent. We have no right to repeat the tragedy of 1986.

Don't stop. shelling of industrial and energy facilities. During fires, toxic substances are released in such places. They settle on the surface of the earth and fall into the water. We may not see it with our eyes, but in the long run we will feel the impact of this filth on ourselves.

When all the mines in eastern Ukraine were operating, they were partly pumping out groundwater. Now there is no access to the mines, they are also disconnected from electricity. All this leads to gradual flooding. The water that accumulates there is toxic. And it pollutes other water sources, like wells. You can't drink that water.

Peels Combat actions lead to forest fires, burning fields and polluting water bodies. All this provokes the death of land and underwater living creatures. What's happening is total. destruction of entire ecosystems.

In addition, a point phenomenon can be called the destruction of farmland, on which a large number of animals live. This also leads to biological contamination of soil and water.

We do not yet fully realize how terrible the consequences of war are. But we, our children and grandchildren will have more than one decade to reap its bitter fruits. What do we do?

In war, it is very important to maintain an ecological lifestyle as much as possible. If you've done it before, it'll be much easier to get back to your roots. And if eco-habits are new to you, now is the time to instill them in yourself.

The main idea of the ecological approach to life is that Focus on the main thing and give up everything unnecessary. The war has really taught us a different way of looking at consumption. For example, people cleaned their homes of anything that could be useful to the displaced. These are clothes, shoes, dishes, household appliances. So we give things a second life. All the unnecessary textiles went to the manufacture of cloaking nets.

How to start an ecological lifestyle
  1. The war showed that a person can lose everything at once. It is very important to learn today. Minimization in all its manifestations. You used to have 10 pairs of jeans and the same number of shoes. But now all life fits in one suitcase or backpack. Get rid of excess clothes because someone needs these things more than you do right now.
  2. Another important environmental habit. sorting. I did this before the war. But now I continue to sort recyclables, although the sorting station in my city is not regular. It is also important to collect organic waste. Today, not all cities of Ukraine have garbage disposal. This is especially true of occupied places. Mountains of organic matter on the streets can lead to the spread of infections.

Peels

3. K purchase It's important to be mindful. For example, I have been using fabric bags instead of bags for several years. If there is a package at home, I try to use it as many times as possible and then hand it over to the sorting station. Instead of plastic packaging, whenever possible, I choose glass when it comes to drinks.
  4. Reasonable consumption electricity, heat and water at the household level is an eco-habit, relevant at all times. I would also like to note the complete or partial rejection of animal products. Not everyone understands the harm livestock brings to the environment. During the war the situation does not get better.

Peels
  5. Use reusable instead of disposable. This applies to all areas of life, including personal hygiene. Together with the usual pads, you can use fabric, as well as a menstrual cup or special linen. I wrote more about this earlier. Also, I always carry a reusable silicone cup with me to avoid taking paper cups in establishments.

Peels

As you can see, there are many options. How to lead an ecological lifestyle. Don't do everything at once. The key is to get started. Remember that even the smallest step towards positive change is important. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting