Neighbor warned not to rush to refugee status, crossing the border without fuss

Every new day. refugee situation It's getting more relevant. As promised, today I will talk about whether to get refugee status. After all, if you think about it, this procedure imposes a huge number of restrictions on a person. In this article I will try to briefly describe everything. I would also like to share information about the EU’s temporary protection.

When a person flees their home country, it is not by their will. Critical circumstances make people in a hurry to change their place of residence. Do you need to become a refugee immediately? The problem is that refugee status does not imply any privileges. In other words, you won't get a new passport and a permanent home.

GettyImages Being a refugee means needing protection and a safe place to live temporarily. Getting refugee status is actually very difficult. To do this, you need to first prove that you were actually forced to run away from home. This process can only be accelerated if you provide evidence of a damaged or destroyed home that could have harmed your life.

GettyImages Refugee status is assigned to a person for a certain period of time. It depends on the country you live in temporarily. If you return home before this deadline, your status will be cancelled. You can forget about going back to the state that actually saved you. And if it is part of the European Union, then you can no longer be allowed into any of the EU countries.

It is no secret that now Ukrainians are leaving their country en masse to save themselves and their children. EU countries accept Ukrainian immigrants without granting refugee status. It is not necessary either to get social protection or to start working abroad. Children have the right to go to foreign schools and kindergartens. To do this, you just need to register with the right authority and follow the rules.

Today, the refugee situation is both critical and supportive. Unfortunately, there are a lot of immigrants. However, Ukrainians do not need a passport, visa, or special invitation to legally cross the border of a foreign state.

GettyImages If you had to leave Ukraine and do not have a foreign passport, upon arrival you need to contact the consulate within 14 days. Then you will receive a clear instruction with further actions. A huge number of organizations and volunteers help refugees for free. This applies to food, living and moving within the state. By the way, you can cross the border without any problems with a pet, even if you do not have a veterinary passport and other important documents.

European Union grants temporary protection to Ukrainians instead of refugee status temporary. It lasts 1 year, but this period can be extended twice for 6 months. If the situation in Ukraine improves, temporary protection may be suspended.

GettyImages In the future, the EU does not rule out the emergence of certain quotas. But so far, the situation is critical, so the EU countries provide maximum opportunities for IDPs. When crossing the border, Ukrainian citizens receive the status of temporary protection automatically.

If you’re planning to leave your home country and still have time to camp, here’s my advice. Gather a package of necessary documents. This passport, internal passport, birth certificate of the child and marriage (if any), diploma of education, medical card. Also, it will not be superfluous to seize the act of acquisition of property (land), land ledger (owners of houses in villages), as well as primary documents and electronic keys (entrepreneurs).

GettyImages I sincerely hope you don't have to run away from home in search of protection! If you have any questions, ask them in the comments. I also recommend reading our recent article on refugee syndrome. Good luck!

Photo at preview and in article

Tags

See also

New and interesting