Boy pensioner told how she learns even after 60 years

In order to remain an effective person in the current rapid time, it is necessary to improve day by day throughout life. But How to learn Is learning and self-education right?

Today's edition. "Site" He offers to talk about buoyant pensioners who take up studies at 50, 60, and even 70 years. What drives them? And do they not regret that in such solid years they threw themselves new challenges and gave up a quiet life?

In 2019, there were more than 50 thousand students in German universities, whose age exceeded 50 years. Moreover, some of these people attended only lectures and seminars on individual subjects, some additionally passed exams and received relevant certificates, and another part was fully trained in full-time or part-time at bachelor or master programs.

What motivates these people who want to learn in such respectable years? First of all, these “students” have already decided exactly what they are interested in. They are well aware of what they are willing to spend time on and accept possible difficulties. They're just interested in learning.

Also an important factor is the ability to communicate with young people. And when there is an exchange between representatives of the older and younger generations in the audience, it provides valuable experience for all parties.

Of course, the acquisition of new knowledge and obtaining another profession is available not only to residents of highly developed countries. Nowadays, at almost any age, you can take short courses to gain skills in an interesting field. In the post-Soviet space, this is also possible.

“My good friend works as a manicure master. And her statement that a month only for work in the salon she gets 80-100 thousand rubles (plus customers per house), aroused serious interest in me, writes 62-year-old Oksana.

“I had already retired at the time and was anxiously thinking about how I would live on those tiny accruals that I was relying on from the state. A friend advised me a manicure school, where in a couple of months (and for quite reasonable money) you can master a new profession and get a Moscow diploma.

“At first I was ashamed of my age, but it turned out that the students in this school are of all ages. The atmosphere was very good and friendly. I remember my college years. There were mothers on maternity leave, and visitors, and several women over 50.

After the study, “Training flew in three months, all received diplomas.” But I knew that getting a job without experience at my age would not be easy. In the end, I found a place close to home. Manicure master, work two in two on his materials, half pay.”

“Yes, there weren’t many people here, and I haven’t had my clients yet. I worked slowly, I didn’t know much yet. But I liked the job itself. I finally found another place that was nearby. Although the payment was only 30%, and even calculated for workwear and late”.

In the second salon there were already more people, customers were attracted by various promotions and discounts. Sometimes, after one client, I immediately took on the next one. Gradually gained speed, learned from experienced girls useful chips. In fact, the training continued through the work.”

Yes, I did not manage to reach 100, or even 80 thousand rubles. In the first month, I only made $25,000 working in two salons. But with each month, earnings gradually increased, even the first customers at home appeared.”

“Looking back, I realize that the decision to take the course was definitely the right one. I learned a lot, mastered the profession, met a lot of interesting people. It was like I was getting more active, more cheerful and even younger. This is much better than just sitting at home with your hands folded and watching TV.

Of course, there are many such examples when people discover new horizons in solid years. Their courage can only be envied. Share your thoughts on this. And also read our other articles about restless pensioners.

Tags

See also

New and interesting