When I was picking up my things from my daughter’s apartment, she didn’t even ask where I was going.

Agree, it is strange to talk about What parents are for. Grateful children understand that they gave them life, and love them free of charge. However, unfortunately, there are more deplorable stories in which parents are simply used. How this is possible and whether there is a way out of such situations, we discuss in today’s article.

It so happened that I overheard the phone conversation of my children. The daughter said, "Take her, I can't live with her." We had a deal! I couldn’t believe my ears, because I couldn’t even think that I was a burden to Nastya.

A few months ago, I moved in with my daughter. I used to live in my own house outside the city. My husband has long been dead, the children have grown up and started their families. I was a farmer and was alone with nature.

This continued until my daughter and son came to me with a request. Both Nastya and Igor had problems with money and business. In order not to go bankrupt, they needed a financial airbag, some kind of guarantee. Children began to talk about additional investments and other nuances in which I do not understand.

When I offered them a loan, they refused. They said they couldn’t afford it because they still paid their mortgage. I didn’t know what they wanted because I didn’t have the money. Especially those big ones.

Igor said, Mom, we want you to sell the house. Nastya has a whole spare room, you'll live there. You and your granddaughter can spend more time together. You're all alone here, okay? We can't go to you every weekend, and we won't have to. You will always be there.”

I was shocked by the offer of children. After a little thought, I decided to accept. They literally sold everything they could. There was only a bed and a closet that we moved to Nastya’s apartment. At first I loved living with my daughter and her family. But with each new day, I felt more and more superfluous.

And now that damn phone call! It became clear that my daughter wants to get rid of me, but my son is not eager to take me to him. He has his own family, too. When I heard Nastya’s words, I decided that I would move as soon as possible. But I had nowhere to go.

I got into the car (I didn’t sell it) and drove out of town. I just wanted to see my old house. Other children played in the yard, the sounds of cooking came from the windows. There must be a nice and friendly family here. The longer I looked at the house, the more tears came from my eyes.

At that moment, my former neighbor Tamara approached me. She saw me crying and invited me to her place. I told her my story and I felt better. After a little reflection, Tamara said, "Light, I'm all alone in this big house now." My son went to the capital to study, it was empty. Maybe you could stay with me for a while, huh?

My neighbor’s offer touched me to the core. We were always on good terms with Tamara. I remember babysitting her son while she was at work. So I felt like I had to agree. When I was picking up my things from my daughter’s apartment, she didn’t even ask where I was going. I couldn’t believe I had raised such indifferent children.

Living with Tamara was very easy for me. We immediately agreed on what part of the utility I will pay, and other details. After the session, her son returned. He was very happy that I moved in with his mother. One day Dima said to me: “Aunt of Light, you do not leave your mother anywhere.” She's very nice to you, really. I was afraid to go so far, I didn't want to leave her alone. But now she has you, and so do I! Thank you.

For a long time, I could not accept the idea that I was unnecessary for my children. They got what they wanted and were ready to leave me. I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them. How can I communicate with my granddaughter? Tamara says I can bring her to our house. But I'm afraid my daughter won't like it. What do we do?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This story reminds us that What do parents need?. And this reason is not material at all, but rather spiritual. You can not siphon money from your family and use it for your own benefit. You can not manipulate a mother, knowing that she definitely will not refuse and will do anything for the sake of their children.

Unfortunately, not everyone manages to find a second happiness, as Svetlana did. She met good people on her way who volunteered to help her. But that might not have happened. What would her fate be if she had to continue living with children for whom she became a burden?

Tags

See also

New and interesting