The elderly neighbor became sick, I looked after her, went for food, but soon her daughter came.

“I have been living in the village for several years, and I have an elderly neighbor, Aunt Galya. She's a lonely sweet woman. Although her children live in the city, they rarely visit her grandmother. The woman became friends with a neighbor, sometimes in the evenings they drank tea together. Recently, Galya’s grandmother became ill, and Olya sat next door with an elderly woman until she felt better. The children lived far away and needed help immediately. Who knows what would have happened if it weren’t for Olga?

Elderly Neighbor: Grandma Gali's daughter recently gave birth to her second child. She couldn't see her mom. Her grandmother’s family rarely visited her. They also could not take the old lady to look after her, as in the city they have a small apartment, crowded.

Every day Grandma Galya called me across the fence. Sometimes she asked me to go to the pharmacy, sometimes I asked her on the way to the store if she needed any of the products. I have a child and a small household at home, so there was enough to do, but I could not help an elderly single man.

When my neighbor got sick, I took care of her for two weeks. I cooked her food at home, cleaned her up, went to the pharmacy. It became easier for my grandmother, and she began to communicate with me more, to tell stories from life, often asked me how I was doing. Later, a daughter and children visited her, they are the same age as my Bear. Misha was invited to play with him, he was with the neighbors for several hours, and then he came sad and did not say a word.

When I began to ask the child what was the matter, he told me that my grandmother collected strawberries from the garden and treated her grandchildren with berries, but she did not give him any and did not even invite him to the table. Then he went home upset when he saw that their whole family began to eat berries together at the table. Since then, I have not allowed Misha to go to the neighborhood children to play.

The daughter stayed with her neighbor for a week. Then they stabbed the pig, they had a feast, my grandmother did not think to pass me a piece of meat. And then I packed all the hotels in two big bags and drove home. Two hours after my daughter left, my grandmother Galya called me to her house. She asked me to go to the store and buy her butter with sugar. And I said that I should have asked my daughter, whom she generously treated with berries.

I was tired that day and couldn’t find a word. My grandmother is angry and doesn’t talk to me anymore. I'm not mad at her, but I've never been a maid. And for some reason, she decided that it was OK to exploit me and not even “thank you” for it.

How often do we not value good treatment and try to be good to those who don’t? Grandma Galya did not understand what she was guilty of, and probably never will. Only when she gets sick again will she remember her neighbor, who always helped her out of good faith, not for money, but for nothing. And only when the mother is gone, the daughter, who was passionate about city cares, will regret for many years that she spent so little time with her. Be attentive to your family and help sincerely.

Tags

See also

New and interesting