What happens if you do not forbid the child?

The development of the Internet has opened access to any information that has affected a variety of areas of human life. And in terms of education, young mothers and fathers got acquainted with different approaches, received more role models.

While some raise their children the way their parents did, others adopt more modern methods and set their own family rules. And others fall in love with free-learningThis is why they refuse all prohibitions.

Today's edition. "Site" We talk about what a child can do without a ban. And is this approach to education gaining popularity today?

Proponents insist that only truly courageous parents can give a child complete freedom. But opponents are sure that without prohibitions it is impossible to protect the offspring from many troubles, in which he can get into due to his inexperience.

I was born in 1990, so my childhood passed in the troubled 90s and difficult zeros. My mother, like the parents of my peers, did not know about free parenting. But I and my friends were left to themselves most of the time. That's how it worked. Parents had a hard time, they were not up to us, says Anna, an ardent supporter of free education.

Of course, there was almost no literature on parenting methods, so my mother had to rely only on personal experience and her own intuition. But the most important thing she understood. She knew that the child should be loved unconditionally. And I also understood that prohibitions do not create anything good, but only crush and destroy.”

“I never heard from her that drinking was a bad thing. I didn’t feel any magic in the drink. I tried it, but I didn’t like it, it just wasn’t interesting.”

“My friends and I tried to get up behind the garages. But even this bad habit did not take root. My mother didn’t do that, and I loved being like her. Provocations and incitement of comrades did not hurt me, stupid statements of others in my address also did not linger in consciousness. I always knew my mother loved and supported me. Absolutely”.

“My assessments were not a problem. I did not go to high school, and in the ninth grade I received a two in mathematics for a quarter. So the teacher decided to teach me a lesson because, in her opinion, I do not try hard enough. But I wasn't even upset, Mom, either. In the end, I graduated from school without threes, entered the desired university.

“We didn’t have to fight over my boyfriends. Well, no, there was one. But it didn't ruin our relationship. On the contrary, I have only once again learned that my mother is always right.”

“The main thing is that I didn’t have to lie to her. I knew that she would always accept, support, and help resolve any issue. I felt independent and free, but at the same time I knew that I had a strong rear. And I want my children to grow up in similar conditions, Anna said.

Those who believe in free education believe that children should be left alone, given more space, and trusted. Years later, parents will see a great result. But is everything fabulously good really? And where can we find the middle ground between complete freedom and strict restrictions so that the immature mind can grow in a comfortable and safe environment?

Tags

See also

New and interesting