Why is it so that loving parents raise ungrateful cheeks?

Why does parenting never pay off and why do grown-up children torment their old people with occasional visits?

It is strange that the most loving parents often have the most selfish and ungrateful children. But is that really true? Or is it just a myth created by bored old people?

We offer today to look at the situation through the eyes of one of those ungrateful children.

I am very grateful to my mother for everything she did for me and my brother. For all the sleepless nights she spent at my cradle when I was sick. For all the words of support and guidance when I failed. And for much more...

I want to repay my parents for the care they gave us when we were little. And until I had my own family, I tried my best to do it.

Now I have to devote most of my time to my daughter and work. Mama, therefore, has to pay less attention than before. And she, of course, resents that. Like, how can you take and forget your own mother (never call in a week).

And I'd love to talk about secular chronicles again, except I don't have time to do it physically. I try to explain it to my mom, and she just brushes it off. Says how ungrateful and callous I am.

I don't even know how to be... Maybe we should try to set her up with someone. A friend’s mother recently remarried. Registered on a dating site, found a cute gentleman, and decided not to waste time. A week ago we went on our honeymoon on the Golden Ring.

I think my mother could use some fun, too. Except she's a conservative woman. On dating sites will definitely not sit...

What advice would you like to give our heroine? How much time do you think an adult child should spend on older parents? Do not hesitate to share your thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting