All his life the father entertained like a dragonfly from a fable, and in his old age he came to his daughter.

“My elderly father has recently appeared. He divorced my mother and married a woman half his age. We haven’t spoken in a long time, and now Dad wants us to be a family again, says Nina.

She is 35 years old, Nina is married and has two wonderful daughters. She was used to not having a father in her life and had to go through a lot to build her happy life. So when Nina's doing well without her dad, he wants attention and understanding. Did he deserve it?

He came to us the other day and said he wanted to give me a car and help me financially. Yes, my father is not a poor man. And we, although we live modestly, do not need handouts. He's trying to make it up to me for abandoning me and my mom once.

It so happened that the father's relationship with that woman did not work out. In his old age, he was left alone. Previously, he did not appreciate loved ones, easily exchanged a faithful beautiful wife with a small daughter for a young pigalica. And now this man comes to my house after all these years and wants to be my family. Dad crucified and said he would never betray me again and that he wanted to babysit my granddaughters, but he became a complete stranger to me. I don’t know this person and I don’t want to know.

Dad always had a lot of money. He thought he could find a lover at any time and be happy. When he did not work out with that woman, he met new ones, easily could go to another city for an indefinite period. Dad didn't see his future as a family man. His family life quickly got bored. He wanted to travel, have fun and not burden himself with life.

Then my father filed for divorce. He went somewhere with another woman, committed to paying alimony every month. Thank you for that. And 11 years later, he showed up alone, unhappy, asking us to forgive him and pretend we were family.
We live in a four-bedroom apartment. We have enough money for everything we need, we try to save money. Mom is not feeling well now, so she needs help. I'm very worried about her. I haven't told her my dad showed up yet. Now is a difficult time for us, and dad's money would be useful and would significantly change the situation.

My father is willing to help me and my mother. But my mother will never forgive me if I accept the money. She will never forget his betrayal. But many of our problems would have gone away if I had accepted my father's help. Do I have the right to decide for my mother? Can we trust someone who once left us?

From the editorial board, we cannot predict the future. Life goes on and sometimes teaches us cruel lessons. Perhaps Nina's father didn't realize what he was losing when he was young. And after 11 years, he realized that he had made a serious mistake. Now it looks like this man is trying to fix it. Always give a chance, but only once, don't you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting