From old T-shirts Grandma made an incredible The little granddaughter won't be happy!

The other day, I decided to do a full inventory of the property at my parents' house: I had to. strip away from the closets and clean up the loggia. Before that, of course, I asked permission to dispose of everything that, in my opinion, is outdated and cluttering the house.

I spent a lot of time reorganizing the space of a two-room apartment. And the amount of unnecessary things turned out to be so much that it is unclear how they were even placed on these meager square meters.

The last step is to throw everything away. But what a surprise it was when my parents started arguing over every old Soviet-era cassette, book and T-shirt. Mom desperately asked not to throw anything away and swore on the book "Lenin's Life" that she would figure out how to dispose of junk without taking it to the trash.

The next weekend I went to my parents and was surprised. Cassettes were sold on an ad in the newspaper, books were given to bookkeepers, and old-t-shirt My mom made it amazing. baby-mat. By the way, here is a detailed master class on its manufacture!

What can you do with a T-shirt?
  • glue-gun
  • shears
  • needle
  • circle pattern (12 cm diameter)
  • T-shirts (or other clothing made of knitwear)
  • nonwoven material (1.6 x 1.6 m)
  • foam
  • syntepon
  • glue (1 x 1 m)
  • cotton fabric (1 x 1 m)
  • zipper

Progress of work
  1. Cut circles out of old things with a template. The number of circles should be calculated in advance, according to the size of the future mat. This product took about 30 monochromatic T-shirts and turtlenecks.

2. Lay the seam by the “forward needle” method along the contour of each circle, while retreating 5 mm from the edge.

3. Place a filler in the blank (synthepone or foam).

4. When you pull the string, you get a little soft ball. For a mat with a diameter of 1.6 m will need about 500 balls. Just don’t be afraid of so many things, the process is so fast that you won’t even notice how you do it. You can use as a filler old blankets, hollofiber from unnecessary pillows.

5. On a nonwoven base with the help of a glue gun glue tight balls in chess order. It is necessary to start from the edge of the circle. In order not to soil the floor with glue, put paper or cardboard under the future mat.

6. Having glued all the balls, sewed a mattress with a diameter of 1 meter and a thickness of 3-4 centimeters from the foam. Place the foam in the glue, carefully sewing the edges. On the mattress, you can also sew a beautiful monium case. Cotton fabric is best suited for this purpose. Making such a mat is an interesting but painstaking process.

What unusual things do you do with your own hands? Be sure to share interesting ideas with us.

Tags

See also

New and interesting