Prayer for the souls in the womb

Every day many women commit a terrible sin – abortion. We do not dare to judge, because most people do not take this step from a good life. At the state level, abortion is not prohibited, but the church considers it a sin and equates it with murder. Is it possible to atone for this sin and yet save your soul?

DepositPhotos

Editorial "Site" I decided to look into this issue and tell you what to do and what prayer to read. woman.

The question of abortion has always been and remains complex, especially from a moral and spiritual point of view. Is it possible to repent and atone for sin? The priests say that it is possible, because the Lord is merciful and forgives many things if a person repents. But this is a terrible sin, so that you understand, according to ancient canons for abortion, a woman is excommunicated for 10 years, along with murderers.

They say that the life of a person who killed an unborn baby is overshadowed by various troubles: loneliness, childlessness, family problems, health problems, the loss of other children. The clergy say that the sin of abortion can be completely atoneed only by saving another child’s life. For example, if a woman dissuades someone from having an abortion, thereby saving a life and covering up their sins.

The best way to be cleansed of sin is to give birth to a child. The Bible says, “A woman will be saved through childbirth if she abides in faith and love and in holiness with chastity.” But many repent when it is too late. Often the realization of what was done comes only after many years.

The Orthodox Church does not reject a woman who committed an abortion, but calls on her to repent for the lost soul. The first thing to do is to go to confession. Then the priest will appoint an epithymia, which is not so much redemptive as disciplinary. It is strictly individual, and the most important part is prayer.

DepositPhotos

Of course, there is no prayer that automatically removes sin. But it can alleviate the torment of conscience and help to find peace in the soul. It is best to pray before the icon of the Virgin, mourning for babies in the womb of the murdered. It has another name - the icon of the comforter of aborted babies. But does it only comfort the dead? Or are they mothers who have committed sins?

Sometimes women do this not by choice, but by circumstances. God is merciful, so you can offer her a prayer, she will surely hear you and perhaps comfort you. The sins may be forgiven by the following prayer.

Prayer to the icon mourning for babies in the womb of the slain “O Lord, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God!” Most of your goodness, for our sake, man, and for our sake of salvation, be clothed in flesh, and be crucified, and be buried, and with your blood, our corrupted nature, receive my repentance of sins and hear my words: I have sinned, O Lord, in heaven and before you, in word, deed, soul and body, and the thought of my mind.

I have transgressed your commandments, I have not listened to your commandments, I have angered your goodness, my God, but because your creation is, I do not despair of salvation, but to your immeasurable well-being, daring, I come and pray to you: Lord, in repentance give me a broken heart and receive me that prays and give me a good thought, give me tears of tenderness, O Lord, give me a good beginning by Your grace.

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, and remember me, the sinful servant of your kingdom, now and ever and ever. Amen.

DepositPhotos

Remember, Lord, the souls of Your departed slaves, Your infants, who died in the womb of Orthodox mothers accidentally from unknown actions, or from a difficult birth, or from some carelessness, or deliberately destroyed and therefore did not accept Holy Baptism. O Lord, baptize them in the sea with Thy bounty and save them with Thy unspeakable grace, and I, the sinful one who killed the child in my womb, forgive and do not deprive Thy mercy. Amen.

DepositPhotos

Circumstances in life can be different, so it makes no sense to judge or blame someone. But still, deciding to take such a serious step, a woman should be aware of all the consequences of abortion, both medically and spiritually. After all, after you learned about pregnancy, on your shoulders lies the responsibility not only for yourself, but also for the fragile unborn life.

Do you think abortion is an unforgivable sin? Do you think he can be redeemed? Share with us in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting