Maria Montessori Rules for Parents

I heard about Montessori training a few years ago when I was taking my son to kindergarten. When I started to figure out who it was. Maria Montessori And what was so remarkable about her technique, I learned a lot of interesting things.

It turns out that she was the first woman in the history of Italy to study medicine, and one of the first holders of the degree of doctor of science, she was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize three times: in 1949, 1950 and 1951.

Today, schools and groups working according to the Maria Montessori method exist in almost all countries of the world. UNESCO named her among the people who determined the way of pedagogical thinking of the XX century.

There are several key features of the Montessori method.

1. The child learns through their own activities.
  2. The child is given freedom of thought.
  3. Children of different ages are involved in groups.
  4. Children choose to do it alone or in a group.
  5. Children spend as much time as they want.
  6. The child evaluates his own work.
  7. No one forces their child’s help.

Maria Montessori called her system “a child’s self-development system in a preparatory environment.” She believed that for full growth, it is enough to create a developing environment where the educational material would be chosen not by an adult, but by the baby himself. After all, the work of the crumbs, chosen by him, never tires, but only adds energy.

The fertile soil of the Montessori schools has nurtured many famous people. Among them are Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon), Jimmy Wales (founder of Wikipedia).

Separately, it is worth mentioning the British Princes William and Harry, as well as Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the author of the novel “One Hundred Years of Solitude”, winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.

"Site" All parents are encouraged to read the wise. Maria Montessori. Each of them is the product of years of work and educational wisdom in its highest form.

Maria Montessori's Advice to Parents
  1. Here are the words that reveal the inner need of the child: "Let me do it myself."

DepositPhotos
  2. Children always learn from their environment, so parents are their best model.

DepositPhotos
  3. If the child is often encouraged, he gains confidence in himself.

DepositPhotos
  4. Children who grow up confident learn to trust others.
  5. Children who are often criticized learn to judge others.
  6. Parents who mock their child make them shy.
  7. Never speak ill of your child in front of him or without him.
  8. Always respect your child, even if they make mistakes. Everybody does. One day your child will learn to fix them.

DepositPhotos
  9. If a child often feels shame (especially if the accusations come from their parents), they will learn to feel guilty.
  10. Always listen carefully to your child. Answer him when he asks you questions or comments.

DepositPhotos
  11. If a child understands that their opinions and ideas are always (or at least often) accepted, they will always feel good.
  12. Always help children when they ask for it. Only then will they learn to get what they need.

DepositPhotos

In the United States, the Montessori system is very popular, and a Montessori school diploma is considered an advantage when applying for a job.

It would seem that there is no such cult of children as the Jewish people in any other culture. We offer to understand the secret of Jewish education and why Jewish children are more successful than others.

Some grandmothers are eager to spend all their free time with their grandchildren, others love them at a distance, and still others completely dismiss the terrible word “grandma”. Editorial "Site" I learned how the enviable French grandmother Brigitte Macron raises her grandchildren. She's got seven of them.

Tags

See also

New and interesting