What to sew from an old tulle

I inherited an old tulle along with my grandmother’s apartment. I didn't dare to throw out the elegant lace. Ideas for how to use the old tulleI had it a long time ago, but I did not dare to implement them. And here are as many as 3 meters of gorgeous fabric! Confused only by the fact that in some places the tulle turned yellow, and looked, to put it mildly, not very.

Since my mother-in-law loves white, I knew in advance who to turn to with a question. How to whiten the tulle at home. The house of Natalia Sergeevna is very bright. And the Polish tulle, which she brought back from a vacation in 1981, shines white to this day. Someone, and my mother-in-law knows a proven way of whitening.

Returning the white color to the lace tulle is very simple. You do not need to look for expensive stains in the store. And yellow outYou'll need regular table salt. 1 cup of salt solution in 2.5 liters of water. Add 3 tbsp soda and 3 tbsp of any washing powder.

DepositPhotos

Immerse the yellowed tulle in the resulting solution. Leave it soaked for 4 hours, preferably overnight. Then wash the tulle in the washing machine. Salt and soda will return a white look to any tulle. I have seen this from my own experience!

The first thing I made out of a bleached tulle was a lace set of underwear. It may seem ridiculous to some, but why not? If you do not have experience in sewing, you can buy expensive fabric and ruin everything with one unsuccessful line. Given that I already had this experience, Grandma's tulle proved to be a great option to hone my sewing skills. Therefore, safely train on the tulle and pamper yourself and your beloved with lace linen of your own making.

If you've got openwork scrolls in your bins that you can't afford to throw away, look, What can be made out of an old tulle for home and cottage.

What can be made out of a tulle
  1. Old chairs will look very unusual and tender if you decorate them with strips of tulle.

2. Abjur from the lamp will add comfort to any room.

3. An openwork mosquito net will be useful in the summer.

4. Renovating old furniture is not easy, but the result is worth it. In this case, the tulle plays the role of an openwork stencil during painting.

5. Tulle can decorate a magnificent holiday basket.

6. The easiest way to make lace pillowcases on pillows.

7. What about the openwork summer umbrella?

8. An old tulle will make a great tablecloth.

To keep beautiful things from the tulle in a wonderful condition, get acquainted with how to wash the tulle properly, so that it is not bitter and hurtful. And if you have a proven way to whiten the tulle at home, tell about it in the comments under this article.

With the help of curtains from the tulle, you can change the interior beyond recognition. UIt's easy.! there are many ideas how to visually enlarge the room with the help of a tulle, divide the space into functional zones, while well saving on drywall and other partitions.

Share a useful article with your friends, for sure they have a yellowed tulle at home, which you can give a second life.

Tags

See also

New and interesting