Simple commandments for harmonious relationships in the family

Archpriest Andrei Tkachev is one of the most famous priests of the Orthodox Church. In his sermons he gives a lot of wise advice on different areas of life. Very often he talks about family values and mutual understanding between spouses, telling what, in his opinion, the married life of Orthodox believers should look like.

The thoughts of the Archpriest often cause contradictions, are often too radical and subjective, but they have a rational grain. Editorial "Site" I invite you to familiarize yourself with the thoughts of Archpriest Andrei Tkachev family happiness and well-being.

Protopriest in his sermon gives a lot of advice about a happy marriage: which husband to choose, how important is the age difference and when to get acquainted with the future chosen one. All this seems like a kind of commandment for family happiness. Let's get this straight.

1. On dating.
    Before starting a family, the chosen one still needs to be found. The archpriest advises women not to rush with this, but men, on the contrary, tell them to look and look. A good wife, according to the archpriest, is often invisible, one should find such a woman. He says, “Occasionally, you look: beautiful; her mouth opened – flowers withered.” Let's get away from this one! The real ones are not conspicuous. Tkachev advises men to look at women and be able to consider the real, authentic, and not just beautiful cover.

By the way, recently we shared with you a sermon by Andrei Tkachev, in which he talks about female beauty.

2. Importance of religion
    In this regard, the archpriest is categorical. He argues that the chosen one must confess Orthodoxy, this is the essence of a strong family. Before you go with a betrothed to the altar, you need to find out. The Archpriest is ruthless, for example, to the Greek Catholics, he believes that a strong marriage cannot be built with them. With a gloomy eyebrow, the archpriest declares: "It is better with an atheist than with a Greek Catholic"

3. Older, younger.
    Archpriest does not condemn marriages, where the spouses have a large age difference, but does not approve. He warns that the young spouse is waiting for a serious test. If a person does not feel that he is ready for this, then you should not start such a relationship.

4. Jealousy
    Andrey Tkachev believes that jealousy is an integral part of relationships. However, he emphasizes that it is important to distinguish healthy jealousy from mania. The archpriest says, “In marriage, we own each other.” The apostle Paul says, The wife is the master of the flesh of the husband, and the husband is the master of the flesh of the wife. My wife is my property and I don’t let anyone touch my property. And my wife has every reason not to let anyone near her property, that is, my flesh, because we are mutual owners of each other’s flesh.

5. Is there a place for carnal marriage in Orthodoxy?
    One of those present at the sermon asked the archpriests, should there be carnal desire in marriage, or only spiritual desire? Tkachev replied, “There must be a fleshly feeling.” How about no fleshly feeling? Why are you getting married? To read the Great Soviet Encyclopedia together? You must love each other, love with body and soul. To be honest, the archpriest's answer surprised. However, we believe this point of view is correct, because attraction between spouses is the key to a healthy relationship. In marriage, in our opinion, there should be both carnal and spiritual, otherwise there is no way.

6. Good wife.
    The archpriest has special requirements for wives: she must be restrained, obey her husband in everything, be able to wait, and if she wants to do something, then covertly, so that it seems that the ideas belong to her husband. In general, in his opinion, the wife should be humble and obedient, love the household, stay at home and do not want to leave. To be honest, thoughts are quite subjective. Someone will agree with them, someone will not, it is your business. By the way, the archpriest also expressed his opinion about the ideal husband.

7. The role of parents in a young family
    The Archpriest pays special attention to the issue of relations between parents and their children after marriage. Here Tkachev is extremely categorical, he believes that after the creation of a family, everything should change. Your spouse becomes your closest person, and your parents take a back seat. Many parents find it difficult to come to terms with this arrangement of things, they try to actively participate in the life of a young family. Parents need to learn to let go of their children and stop caring for them even as adults. The archpriest states: “In a young newly formed family, the mother-in-law has no place.”

“Who is your mother if you got married?” asks the archpriest and immediately answers: “A very close relative.” But nothing more! It is important for everyone to understand this for themselves. Especially mothers who can’t leave their children alone.

The newlyweds Tkachev, in turn, advises to solve their domestic issues and immediately live separately. Says, they say, immediately after marriage, take your wife in one hand, in the other suitcase with belongings - and for rented housing, so that you do not live in your parents' house for a day. Pretty radical, but certainly right.

It is difficult to say that the words of the archpriest are the ultimate truth, but they have a lot to learn for yourself. Most importantly, remember that family happiness A harmonious relationship of love and understanding between you. Love and be happy!

The archpriest doesn’t just talk about the family. For example, he recently talked about what not to ask God and why.

What do you think of Archpriest's thoughts? Tell me in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting