The taxi driver told me how he pays his wife for a manicure and gets high, and I thought about it.

Victor Hugo once said, “The greatest happiness in life is the certainty that you are loved.” I would add to this phrase by saying that true happiness consists in loving yourself. In fact, filled with this bright feeling, we literally radiate positive energy. Why are there so many people around us?

We suggest that we discuss this topic. Next, you will find the story of Zoya Torokhova, which has become almost a real instructive parable. The story has been circulating on the Internet for several years, but it does not lose its relevance. We will be interested to know what you think about this!

Yesterday, a taxi called and a man came for me who amazed me to the core. I was so impressed that I told everyone about it for the second day. Getting in the car. The driver is smiling. So do I, but I'm on the phone doing some work.

- Don't you blow?
- No, thanks, it's okay.
- Are you cold?
- No, I'm really good.
- Want some candy? I just bought them at the store. So delicious! Jelly. I love them! I don't usually offer passengers, it's not very tactful. But you really wanted to. I'll understand if you say no. Want some?
- I do!

I'm trying to figure out what's going on: morning, still sleepy. We started talking about kids. He has a daughter in her second year at a university in Poland. And when he said the following sentence, my jaw was on the floor: 'You know, Zoe. I'm so excited about having a baby. Wife. Work. I really like it. My daughter calls me and asks for money. Well, she's in Poland. Missing. And I fill up her card, and it gets so good. It's just high!

The taxi driver continues, You know, when I take my wife for a manicure, I pay myself. I'm so high! She will show and smile for another 2 weeks. And I feel so good about it, you have no idea. I've done something good for the family! And I feel so good after that.

At this point, I forgot about the phone. So few happy people on the streets! I look at pedestrians and hardly see any smiles. Everyone's so dull and twitchy. You're the first person to smile at me in the last couple of days. People so often don’t notice how good they are. We are used only to complaining and longing.”

Is happiness near? He talked about something else. I listened and listened (this is rare). I realized that this driver is not an entrepreneur, an investor or a politician. He's not on the covers of magazines. He doesn't get interviewed. He doesn't even make money like me.

But there is more life in him than in everyone else! Love, light – real light, not television! – more than in all the people I have ever met. I looked at the men around me and thought it was normal. To be forever with a sour face (you are in big business), to be always busy and dissatisfied, not to be able to get high.

I got out of the car so happy. I wonder if he's scaling his light to all people like that? I went out and realized I was really light! Such a big lesson. And this cosmic attitude to life. Even after the training, I didn’t get such important insights and enlightenment. Teachers are here!

The greatest happiness in life - Learn to notice the things that make you happy. Someone is enough for this morning kiss of his wife, and someone – walks with children or a favorite dog. We are all different, and each of us measures happiness in its own way.

I really notice how sad and morose people are around. Everyday affairs and problems sometimes take the last strength, and this is normal. I wish we could remember ourselves more often! I hope that today’s story inspires you to take care of yourself and take a good rest.

Do you remember a time when you were really happy? What was that? It would be great if you could share your thoughts in the comments. Thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting