How to comfort a daughter who realized in forty years the worthlessness of her life

There are moments in life when we catch ourselves thinking that we could have done otherwise. The flood of thoughts about the past will not return lost time and opportunities, but will take away the present. In order not to drown in the ocean of thoughts, we suggest you read an instructive story from the life of one reader.

Missed Time: Last month my daughter and I were at my niece's wedding. The wedding was chic, well organized, the bride shone with happiness. After the holiday, my daughter stayed with me for the night, as we live in different cities. In the morning, Lera sat by the window darker than the clouds. Look at her, she's crying!

I wonder what happened, but it was good yesterday. She said, ‘Yes, it was a great wedding. I have never had this in my life and never will. I got married without ceremony or wedding dress! I slid down the wall, remembering Lera getting married.

Ten years ago, I begged my daughter to plan the wedding well and do it right. I persuaded the wedding dress to look after, think about hairstyle, manicure, go to a good makeup artist. I was ready to pay for everything, after all, the only daughter married. Valeria did not want to hear about it, said that traditions are the last century, you can just sign. What's she wearing at the registry office, my God? I turned pale when I saw my daughter in jeans and a T-shirt.

Valeria has been on her mind since high school. When the rest of the graduates tried on costumes and ballroom dresses, Lera came to the presentation of the certificate in shorts. I took the papers and went home. This is what her wedding looked like. About the birth of Lera and did not want to think, unlike her husband. These topics are usually discussed before the wedding. Young and ambitious Lera believed that it is normal at a young age not to want children. You had to live for yourself.

After four years of married life, my daughter’s husband didn’t want to continue a hopeless relationship, he wanted an heir. So the young divorced, the former son-in-law married and now lives with a woman who gave him three children. And my Lera is left alone, from time to time she meets with men and says she doesn't need anyone. Actually, nobody was needed before.

And now she's stunned me, saying she didn't give birth to a baby in vain. Now Lera is 38, no family, no husband, and she wants to have a child for herself. When I am gone, at least someone will live for me. I just don't know how she would regret it later. A child is a great responsibility, I do not want him to suffer later because of some hardship. Lera's 40, and she's barely making ends meet, I can't help.

I comfort my child, she will always be a vulnerable crumb. It is very painful to see her sad eyes and know that many moments in life are missed, and now there is nothing to remember. Only I still believe she has time to rebuild her life. If she wants to get married, she will still have a child. The main thing is not to drown in the past – to return time will not work. We can begin to appreciate life now.”

Editorial "Site" I totally agree with the wise mother. You can start your life with a new leaf today, whether you are 18 or 80 years old. The main thing is to look confidently into the future, determine what is important to you in life and strive for your goals. Don’t let mistakes from the past take away valuable time. There are so many beautiful things in the world, start enjoying the little things and at least sometimes listen to your mother’s words.

Tags

See also

New and interesting