Prayer for the Detention of Elder Pansophy of Athos, Changing Life

Everyone has difficult periods in life, but some things are almost impossible to withstand yourself. The prayer for the detention of Elder Pansophy is focused on such cases when it seems that nothing will help and the whole life is at stake.

In order to feel the seriousness of this prayer, you need to learn the history of its writing. This spiritual shield, as priests often call the prayer, was created by an Athos elder almost fifteen hundred years ago. However, they started using it much later. After 1840, a lot of terrible things began to happen in the world, and people were saved only by the belief that everything would get better. It was the words of this prayer that helped the believers in this difficult time.

The prayer of detention is associated with a huge number of religious myths. Some priests ban it altogether, recommending softer alternatives to their parishioners. Rumor has it that before saying a prayer, you need to observe fasting for a week, as well as cleanse your mind of everything insignificant and fussy. These steps are not mandatory, but it is easy to understand that a pure mind and body can cope with life’s troubles much more effectively.

Reading any prayer calms and sets in a peaceful way. Such action will help to organize thoughts and focus your mind on finding the right solution. Of great importance is also the attitude of the person and his own vision of the situation. If you really believe the right words will help, they will. Of course, do not expect miraculous changes in a day or two. But remember that when you pray, you take the first step towards solving your problem.

Prayer, Merciful Lord, You once with the mouth of the servant of Moses, Joshua, stopped the movement of the sun and the moon all day long, while the people of Israel took revenge on their enemies.

Elisha the prophet once struck the Syrians with the prayer, detaining them, and he healed them again.

You once said to the prophet Isaiah, Behold, I will bring back ten degrees the shadow of the sun which passed down the steps of Ahaz, and the sun shall return ten degrees up the steps on which it descended.

You have shut the abyss with the mouth of the prophet Ezekiel, stopped the rivers, held the waters.

And you once, by the fasting and prayer of your prophet Daniel, barred the mouth of the lions into the ditch.

And now delay and slow down to good time all the plans around me about my transfer, dismissal, displacement, exile.

So now, destroy the evil desires and demands of all those who condemn me, block the mouth and hearts of all those who slander, malign and roar at me, and all those who despise and humiliate me.

So now bring spiritual blindness to the eyes of all who rise against me and my enemies.

Did you not tell the apostle Paul, ‘Speak and do not shut up, for I am with you, and no one will do you harm?’

soften the hearts of all those who oppose the good and dignity of the Church of Christ. Therefore let not my mouth be silent to rebuke the wicked and to glorify the righteous and all your marvelous works. And may all our good undertakings and desires be fulfilled.

In this article you can find the beginning of prayer. The full text should be read only if you are confident in your abilities and after clearing your thoughts of unnecessary confusion. Only then will prayer work as it should.

Tags

See also

New and interesting