The cat, which interferes with sleep and 20 the methods of combating it (one worked)

Sixty two million eighty thousand nine hundred thirty eight

Dear, I come to you for advice. There is a cat. In Kota ten pounds. There is a bed. The bed high padded back with a width of 10-15 cm. Are the owners of the cat who sleep on this bed.
Night the cat jumps up on the headboard of the bed and walks on it. A cat's night promenade. But as a cat in a previous life was a cow and some features moved to the current incarnation, the fourth, the fifth trip he loses his balance and smykaetsya down.
If I'm lucky, cat falls out next. If no luck, on my head to land ten pounds of cat, and somehow always ass.

Question: how to wean a cat of this habit?

It has been tried:
— sticky tape, arranged on the back of the bed. (In the end, midnight tore them from the half-crazed cat, almost without a scalp to its left).
— unloved cat scent ylang-ylang. (The cat pissed on what flavor it is unloved).
— tangerine peel in large numbers (cat squeamish posshibat skins on my head, and in the process fell in behind them himself).

What else can you do? With the spray under my pillow I was already asleep. The cat flees, then returns.

Two days ago I posted in the community the cry of the soul. Received a lot of feedback. The two went to work immediately.
As promised, report.

I love simple and easy to implement ideas. The proposals to nail the shelf to the bed, to the cat, to your head, so it was convenient for her to fall, was postponed.

To begin, I took the child six balloons, inflated and squeezed pimpochku between the wall and the bed. Turned out very nicely. My husband could see them and went to sleep.

In the middle of the night slammed a shot. Sleepily, I decided that the husband shot the cat (although the only weapon in our house — it's a water pistol).
When turned on the light, the cat was sitting on the floor surrounded by scraps of blue balls and squinted with displeasure. He gave a kick, I lifted the balls and went back to sleep. It was our strategic mistake, proving how little we know about cats.

The second and third balls he blew up twenty minutes later and rode away, laughing mockingly. Husband strongly asked me to clean up and finish for today with the experiments. While I hid the balloons in the closet, the cat crept to the biggest and hit him with his paw.

In net result: minus four balls, minus two hours of sleep, minus eight meters of nerve fibers for two adults. Plus a fun cat.

Then it went to fallback. The entire headboard was padded in several layers of foil that rustled louder. I assured my husband that he can now sleep peacefully: the foil, the cat finds itself not exactly — be afraid.

In General, it almost did. Cat came in a couple hours when we fell asleep. Jumped from the Cabinet to the foil. The foil rustled, the cat was terribly frightened, sprang into the air and fell on her husband.

In net result: minus ten meters of the foil, minus forty drops of motherwort for two adults. Plus a fun cat.

So, I had a problem I came to the community.

After the foil and the bulbs did not work, I began to think in another direction: how to keep out the cat at night in the bedroom.

The first was used repeller cats. Unfortunately, the cat did not understand that it is a repeller. But I understand a husband who frowned, sniffed, and eventually was asked to ventilate the room. So now I have a repeller of men who need — can give.

About the same stupidity was a basin of water. We put it with the expectation that the cat will splash around and forget about the bed (he loves water). The calculation was justified by half: the cat lapped, but the bed is not forgotten.
At night he galloped up to us, shaking her wet paws. I sleepily thought that they had twenty-two. Ten he stepped on my face, the rest ran on the blanket and the sheet.
Finally, loudly kissed her husband's nose, tknuvshis in his wet muzzle, which was dripping water.

After that, the husband said to hell with it, with the interior, he agrees on the shelf.
The evening brought a lacquered Board with a side, were busy for two hours, cursing the innocent bed, and finally tacked. I wanted to say that it's better to drop us cat than this thing (out of her alive no one would come out). But looked at her husband's face and decided to remain silent. Okay, I think, one night sleep — and then I'll take it off from sin.

In addition, before the dream ran the child and sketched out her own toys. I waved and did not swear because I was thinking, from the family who is going to raise the baby, if we bury under a shelf.
(I must say that I was worrying for nothing as it turned out, my husband nailed it on the conscience).
Night on the shelf came a cat. Imposingly walked to the middle of the shelves and touched the paw of one of the toys. It was interactive hamster "Zhu-Zhu Pets".
From touching a cat's paw hamster involved. Invitingly exclaimed, "Busyyyyy-SHL!" and ran at the cat, shining with love.
I would love to tell about what happened next. But I'm not gonna lie: we haven't seen it. And even the cat until the morning was never seen again. Hamster ran to the edge of the shelves and suicides, like lemmings jumping from a cliff into a basin of water.

The result is a shelf we made.
On the back of the bed now sits guard hamster. The cat in the room does not go. And if he happens to see the hamster in the half-open door, he swells to the size of the manul and the horror recedes.

Eileen O'connor

Tags

See also

New and interesting