15 celebrities who fought addiction and conquered

Perhaps one of the most terrible problems a person can get into is addiction. And the stars are no exception, they are the same people with their weaknesses.

The site selected celebrities with a strong spirit, those who were able to defeat themselves and get rid of bad habits.

Angelina Jolie

“I have tried almost every substance known in the world. I really had a very dark time. "

Who would have thought that these are the words of one of the most beautiful women in the world? But the biography of Angelina Jolie is full of bitter experience: she suffered from anorexia, depression. Before the film "Lara Croft" Angie is already "clean", and after it the actress falls on the real popularity, she adopts a child, starts an affair with Brad Pitt, adopts another one. Angelina surrounds herself with people for whom she would like to live.

Robert Downey Jr.

A bright future was predicted for a charismatic young man from a cinematic family, but Robert could not stand the test of the first wave of popularity and went all out. Violent days and nights resulted in scandals and loud layoffs in the studios, serious problems with the law and difficulties with the family.

Sentenced to 16 months in prison and compulsory treatment, the actor goes to the clinic for almost a year and, after leaving, firmly decides not to use anymore. Friends help with roles, critics favor, and deservedly after the triumph of "Iron Man", Robert is already dictating the terms of the contract to Hollywood bosses.

And who knows what awards would now be in the track record of Robert Downey Jr., if not for his pernicious passion.

Adele

At the very beginning of her career, Adele was very worried about how she looked on stage and for courage she began to drink before the show . Imperceptibly, this habit grew into a real problem.

“Once I got so drunk that when I had to go on stage, I forgot the words of my own songs. It was the worst evening of my life. "

In 2009, Adele quit because her voice was out of order due to a hangover, she often woke up and was late for work. After ligament surgery, Adele stopped drinking and began to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Anthony Hopkins

“When I was young, it seemed that drinking helps to be liberated, to feel free, and therefore to play better. Many actors think so. And they are wrong, ”admitted Anthony Hopkins.

In 1964, he got a job at the National Theater and in the same year was fired for drunkenness. “For fifteen years, I drank everything that I could not bite off,” says the actor.

One day Anthony woke up at the wheel of his car in a completely unfamiliar place and could not remember how he got there . “I periodically fell asleep while driving. And I could have run over someone. " At this point, the actor decided to quit drinking.

“The alcohol almost killed me. If I had not thrown it, I would be lying now somewhere in Mexico. At best, under a fence, at worst, buried under a cactus. "

Now the artist is 79 years old, he has not drunk for 41 years - almost half his life.

Drew Barrymore

Furious popularity fell on the girl early, and the young actress, unnoticed by herself and those around her, became addicted to alcohol by the age of 13, gradually making the opposite transformation - from a beautiful swan into an ugly duckling of Hollywood. Countless scandals, tantrums, overdose eventually led to Drew's 8-month imprisonment in the clinic.

After leaving the hospital, she writes poignant and precocious adult memoirs, moonlights as a waitress, model and re-paves the way to Hollywood. Today, Drew is a sought-after actress, owner of her own film studio and mother of two adorable daughters.

When asked what helped her not to get depressed, she invariably replies: “Sometimes life brings you to your knees. Well, this is the right position for prayer. "

Eminem

“Hi, my name is Marshall and I'm a drug addict, ” says the rapper in one of the documentaries. Once he mixed up the drugs, and he had an overdose, he was saved only by the surgical intervention of the doctors.

A sense of responsibility for his own and two adopted daughters helped to get out of the pit of addiction. Today, Eminem is an exemplary father, and his only passion is music.

Christine Davis

The actress was terrified of the stage and began to drink for courage. Sip after sip, and Christine did not notice how by the age of 25 she had become a real alcoholic.

Her best friend could not stand aside and decided to help - she enrolled Christine in the circle of Alcoholics Anonymous and in yoga courses. This worked - since then she never broke down and even wanted to give up the role in "Sex and the City" when she found out that according to the script she would have to drink cocktails all day. “I was afraid to even afford a glass of wine,” Christine recalls. " I feel great without alcohol and I don't want to risk it."

Daniel Radcliffe

The success of the Harry Potter films prevented the actor from leading a normal life and he began to sink into depression. On the set of the last film about the adventures of Potter, Daniel often appeared drunk.

In 2015, Daniel Radcliffe admitted that he suffers from alcohol addiction. “When I drank, I became a completely different person. Sometimes it got to the point that I could wake up in the morning in an unfamiliar apartment. I had constant breakdowns, and I went into binges. Once I went for a walk and stayed on the street for about 5 hours. During this time, I did not feel like drinking. Then I realized that I needed to walk in the fresh air and play sports. I practice every day and now I don't drink at all. "

Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel developed a passion for acting in his youth and transferred to the drama department. After graduating from university, he tried himself in cinema, theater, on television for years, but he had no success anywhere - the directors simply refused to work with him because of Samuel's addiction to alcohol and drugs. By the end of the 80s, the actor naturally ends up in a rehabilitation center.

The most difficult moment in his life Jackson considers the episode in the hospital, when, looking into the eyes of his daughter and wife, he said: "Hi, I'm Sam, and I'm a drug addict."

After treatment, Sam starred in more than 100 films, won many prestigious awards and, of course, became an exemplary husband and father.

Kelly Osbourne

Kelly's addiction to addiction must have inherited genetically from the great and terrible dad, Ozzy. Add psychological problems - and we get a famous girl who uses dozens of pills every day, sometimes replacing them with other substances. Dissatisfaction with herself grew, the weight also increased, the dose increased, and during the last treatment, in order not to break down, she started recording an album and playing sports.

Now Kelly looks just great, take a look at her Instagram! We can say that the freaky girl has become a modern, self-confident woman.

Sting

It is hard to believe that Sting was once a big lover of alcohol and intoxicating substances, because of constant spree, even his first wife with two children left him. Pulling himself together, the singer burst into all sorts of tops and charts, and his discs were "covered with platinum." Today Sting is an exemplary husband and father of 6 children.

Stephen Tyler

"Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll" is the lifestyle of young Stephen. Someone more disagreeable than the popular rocker had to be looked for, and after 20 years of revelry, already with his second wife, he still managed to get rid of addictions.

Tyler says about his difficult journey: "I hurt my family, children and my friends."

And the photo on the left was taken when Stephen was no longer using - he just fell unsuccessfully.

Elton John

Sir Elton John began using illicit drugs in his youth to overcome embarrassment. Gradually old friends turned away from him, those who loved him, even his mother left the country, and in 1975 he almost died from an overdose. In 1990, the singer surrendered to doctors and underwent a full course of treatment.

Today Elton John says this about the lost youth: "I wasted a huge part of my life, because due to addiction I was immersed in myself all the time."

Britney Spears

Britney Spears began her stellar career in early childhood - choir, TV shows, solo career. After 3 crazy albums in 3 years, a tough schedule, earned money and fame, Britney begins a tumultuous period with alcohol, drugs and family scandals. The deprivation of parental rights for both sons only aggravated the situation, finally breaking the singer's psyche.

Britney was saved by her father, who took full control of her affairs into his own hands . He broke the singer's old ties, achieved the right to see children, and gradually, surrounded by loved ones, Britney began to come to her senses.

The singer, who almost lost her children, career and family, managed to recover from drug addiction and successfully returned to musical activity.

via # image1829815

Tags

See also

New and interesting