In the Netherlands created the world's first biodegradable car

Students its Eindhoven University of technology have developed the world's first biodegradable car. About the project, created with the support of TomTom, told the Dutch broadcasting Corporation (NOS).

The car received the name "Lina". In its design used fibre flax, which when overlaying each other at different angles gives a room structure, which is not inferior in strength to carbon or aluminum.

The movement of the machine causes motor, but the characteristics of the power plant were not disclosed. Developers only said that the new product was the first sea trials, but was moving not faster than a Bicycle.

Now the creators are waiting to get permission to test "Lina" on the roads. To do this, may 8, the vehicle must be inspected by the national administration of the road traffic (RDW).The developers of the machine I think I made the most environmentally friendly car in the world. According to them, the production of parts made of carbon fiber and aluminum takes six times more energy than for steel elements. And parts manufacturing flax is quite simple.

Thus in Theatre the University does not expect that automakers will adopt their idea, but I hope they at least experiment on the creation of individual parts, for example, of the hood or parts of the interior. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: //motor.ru/news/2017/05/02/degradablecar/

Tags

See also

New and interesting