Elijah in the UK

Why not just piled up in their homes: rotting food, shreds of hair, faulty equipment...In the houses of these "Thrifty people" rarely have guests, the owners are ashamed of their disorder.

Photographer Floor Slichter (Paula Salischiker) was invited into the homes of "collectors" who are afraid to get rid of the junk, to shoot in London and Essex. These accidents have created their own support group together to help deal with his eccentricities.

In the depths of his soul "English Elijah" realize that it is not normal when people can't throw things away. Seeing pictures of the Floors, some were amazed, they could not believe that the photographs of their homes, so they become accustomed to the mountains of things and stuff.

Some of the men in the group were forced to leave their homes, because to deal with his stuff already.

Paul says: "Some of the people I was shooting, I was very ashamed of what was happening in their home. They have a good job and a good standard of living. For them, the idea that someone will sneak into their home was unbearable. When something breaks, say, stove or washing machine, they can not call the master to repair, and everything remains in the same condition. I can't imagine how you can use some stuff from their "collections", but it seemed obvious that it's all come in handy someday and they need to be stored".

At that time, as some were ashamed of their homes, others thought that everything is in order and as it should be. The mess was invisible to them. And only my photos, opened his eyes to the obvious, for the trees they don't see the forest. One does not even believe that the photo depicts his house.

Recently in the Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders in England, this condition was classified as a mental disorder, other than one of the conditions of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

Tags

See also

New and interesting