Price money

Oh, we cared so much that he was. That he did not feel: "we all Have, and I have not."

We gave what he did not want to. We tried, that he did not know the word "expensive".

While all this was expensive ...

As a result, when Gus lost his phone (Samsung, 4 th.), he was not upset. Said, "A niche! I still all the games on it are already defeated!"

Then I thought – it's time! It is time to conduct a competent educational conversation that he learned that the "price of money".

Not yet. Because almost immediately he lost PSP (Sony 8 thousand rubles) and also not upset. Although this time didn't say anything.

But a lot of what I said. About Soviet childhood, when of gaming accessories, we had only the change from cans of Shoe Polish for classics, underwear elastic bands (well, to play "gum") and broken glass for "Robbers"... I am in whatever was wanted to convey to his consciousness, over 8 thousand I have is that the coat, explained about the "my salary is the cost piespy", about the fact that he does not appreciate, has no idea, knows how hard... went into a rage.

And don't worry, have repeated all this many times. Feeling of resentment can't stop. Can't think — let them know!

And kind of getting through. Then he broke my favorite wall clock, I forgot school shoes (2 million), lost my gloves (cold-resistant – 500 p) and a Swiss army knife (Victorinox, thousand). But everytime fussed looking for, swept away debris, protested and mourned. Here it is I didn't have to say anything, I just watched with a knowing look on directly in the eye, right in the emerging conscience. Warned of possible requests for new toys.

And he stopped asking. Don't know, maybe thinking about the balance of the salary and about "how hard"... Kicking the old ball around in the yard. Drinking juice and eating cereal. No Coca colas and chips. Wears old sneakers. A mother's heart bleeds. But I kept thinking: well, when the child knows the value of money.

In the process of life it fails to do so, as collected, as experts recommend, "how to". All so spontaneously, through the turmoil and the stump-deck. But in such fundamental matters, I have now decided to try. Not to repeat the mistakes.

The child wants to share a taxi – no need to cry, to reminisce about "how much you cost me," and his father, who "at least once, even if birthday"... stick to the facts, to truthfully and objectively. Calmly say:

— I wanted to buy your favorite jelly bean "Haribo" (80 p.), but instead we will go by taxi. Do you agree?

I think that's a little blackmail and sadism, but teachers say that 's exactly what recognized the value of money. In comparison and conscious choice.

When Asya saw Arsene his house on the shore, and the house huge veranda, and the veranda features two hammocks, swings, deck chairs, she said, Arsene what, rich? I said Yes. And she took it as a given.

The next question is, "are we poor?" is not yet overdue. When will Mature, will have to say Yes.

How to resist not to sing songs, BUT she is proud that her parents have RICH inner world and big personality. And that the lack of expensive clothes and opportunities can be easily replaced by the warmth of the relationship and rich fellowship.

It is not easy. But we need to say, like, well, a little poor, but what to do? Most importantly — stay calm. So it didn't look class inequality and fatal injustice.

After all, nothing in this terrible there. Everything truthfully and objectively. Let him know.published

Author: Polina Sanayeva

Also interesting: to Say NO and still several ways to teach children the value of money

Kids and money: how to raise mutual respect

Source: sopli-i-vopli.ru/deti/cena-dengam

Tags

See also

New and interesting