English teachers around the world affirm that ashamed of his accent is in any case not necessary. We Website
absolutely agree with that. But this does not mean that it is impossible to improve or to try new things. If you've always wanted to speak like lady Mary from "Downton Abbey," or Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" — go for it!
Choose what accent you want to talk
Do you like the classic sound of the English accent or how they say in Hollywood?
This will depend on what program you need to look and what kind of people to communicate. If you wish, you can even choose the accent of a particular region.
- Video of 21 accents in the English language — Widely known video English stage actress, Amy Walker, in which she very likely imitate the accents of different regions of the UK, USA and other countries.
- 24 emphasis in the English language — the kid who conquered the world a few years ago, removing the video in which he invents stories and dialogues for each accent that he owns.
- The difference between British and American accents Is a video collaboration YouTube-English teachers from America and the UK, in which they explain the main differences between the accents.
- The difference in the pronunciation of vowel sounds — If you are willing to dig deeper, deal with the position of the lips and tongue during the pronunciation of vowel sounds.
Find your teacher
If you have decided on your preferences — it's time to find your Yoda.For British English we recommend these channels:
For American English, these:
- Minoo Anglo Link Manu teaches British pronunciation, and preparing for international exams, e.g., IELTS General and IELTS Academic.
- Speak English with Mister Duncan — Mr. Duncan is a cheerful little middle-aged Englishman who built his educational channel for more than 8 years ago. Except the accent, he's teaching a living language: idioms, colloquial words, common abbreviations.
- BBC Learn English canal, the largest British network television and radio. where I teach English for all sorts of situations. Among teachers, including Shakespeare himself.
- Rachel's English Rachel specializiruetsya on American pronunciation. Playlist American English in Real Life is a collection of conversations Rachel with her friends in real-life situations.
- Private English Portal — Steve Ford lives in Canada. The main feature of its channel — tips on pronunciation for representatives of various nationalities.
- Business English Pod — collection of lessons and podcasts for advanced users. Channel specializiruetsya on business English.
Spend a correction of mistakes
Many of us in school were taught to speak properly. Scary, noble teachers YouTube will help you to make your speech a competent and natural.British English:
Popular mistakes in pronunciation of words — How do you pronounce "bow"? As "low" or as 'cow'? Jill — a teacher with many years of experience. In this video she examines the mistakes that often allow its students.American English:
Popular mistakes in pronunciation of words — In their video, Alex tries to create the atmosphere of a live lesson. In this particular case he examines the word, the pronunciation of which the students often wrong.
Learn local expressions
Even if you properly learned grammar and honestly, repeating dialogues from a textbook is not enough for communication with native speakers. In the US and the UK have dialects, slang and expressions, and to understand that without training, is not so easy.
- British slang is Hilarious, the Americans with channel Watch Mojo dismantle the popular British words for example famous films.
- British idioms — Bearded man devoted as much as 90 minutes to discuss common idioms.
- American slang — positive teacher from America was so popular in Russia that started a page Vkontakte.
- American idioms 101 American idiom from the channel Learn English 360.
Immerse yourself in the culture
The most enjoyable way of learning a language according to our editorial. Listen to songs, watch movies and TV shows. Pay attention to the cast and the country of origin — this will help you to choose the movie with the right accent. We have prepared for you the best of them:
- 13 songs for a perfect English pronunciation — review the list and arrange a night of karaoke with friends.
- 10 chic series for those who teach English from fun cartoons for beginners to "Game of thrones".
- 45 movies and TV series for those who teach English — so you will expand your vocabulary and learn to perceive different accents.
How to learn English and not die of boredom
The most effective way to learn English
Photos on the preview eastnews.ru