What's best for the baby - shopping or home-cooked porridge

We have already talked about children's cereals, their types and peculiarities of the selection, but this topic is not yet exhausted. Among mothers, the debate continues, what kind of cereal to give the baby: homemade or industrial production. Try to understand.

Baby cereal with their hands
Elizabeth, 37 years: "If you want you to have something really good, do it yourself. Such a principle I adhere to, especially regarding my children. I think it's better to make the porridge herself, and not buy somewhere in the store, not knowing what part of cereal, how it was prepared and maybe it was expired!"

The arguments in favor of home kas
Usually mothers who are of the opinion, quoted above, Express the following arguments in favor of homemade porridge to the child:

• confidence in the quality of the final product (there are no questionable additives, sugar and preservatives);
  • a real control in matters of nutrition of the child, which gives psychological comfort (in case with boxed cereal mom buys the product is at your own risk);
  • commitment to our mothers: in the Soviet era specialized children's cereals was not and in General it does not hurt to grow and develop in children;
  • the pleasure of cooking with his own hands food for a beloved child;
  • opportunity to save: homemade porridge, though labor-intensive, but budget.
Svetlana Rubtsova, of the pediatrician: "so-called boxed cereals today is ambiguous. On the one hand, we understand that the production of children's cereal and all baby food made by very serious challenges, realize that the composition of working professionals, on the other hand we're scared of different preservatives, GMO, food-fakes. Again, specialized baby food in the Russian market is relatively recently, so we have not yet developed a sufficient level of confidence in the product...".

Baby porridge industrial production
Elena, 28 years old: "Confidently buy baby cereal at the supermarket, my daughter eats it with pleasure, and not only my daughter, my husband, too. These cereals delicious all by themselves, and judging by the composition, is useful. And when people ask me friends, I'm sure the quality of these products, I ask a reasonable question in response: do they feel as cereals that they buy in the same shops, then to have to cook the children porridge. If so, why can't I be confident in the quality of the finished cereal?".

The arguments in favor of cereals industrial production:

• Technology of production of such cereals shall be prepared by professionals, therefore, included in their composition are necessary for children vitamins and minerals, while the amount of these substances is calculated based on their losses in the production process and storage period. For example, in the mess of home cooking during cooking, the vitamin C level is reduced to 30-50%, and b vitamins — up to 70-75% of the initial content in the grain.
  • Baby cereals meet the strict microbiological and hygienic requirements to baby food. At home to achieve full chemical and microbiological product safety, unfortunately, is very difficult.
  • Often baby cereal is enriched with vitamins and substances which improve the condition of the intestinal microflora (probiotics and prebiotics).
  • There are specially designed cereal for children suffering from allergic reactions.
  • A definite plus of using a boxed kas — save time.
I want to say honestly: if every parent had the opportunity to see how to make baby cereal, he would have to make a choice in favor of home or korobochny cereals (or a choice between commercial baby porridges from different brands) with great understanding and confidence. In the existing reality, when choosing children's cereals at the supermarket, carefully read the labels and study the packaging integrity.

Well, the final decision for your greatest connoisseur of cereals baby. He will make the final selection to buy baby food or home-cooking.

Source: www.gastronom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting