Now you can play a game in which Elon Musk wrote at the age of 12 years

A talented person is talented in everything. This phrase is like no other perfectly describes American inventor Elon musk. He created one of the most successful payment processors in the world PayPal, then figured out how to make a popular Tesla, and then moved on to the conquest of space through its company SpaceX. But as a kid in 1984, Elon thought in completely different categories. At that time it was most interested in video games.

When the Mask was 12 years old, he lived in South Africa. As a child, inquisitive and diligent, he learned the language and started writing his first game on the space theme. Still, space is an important theme throughout life. The game called Blastar and was a simple shooter in which you need to control a miniature space ship, shoot enemy alien ships.

Yes, this game does not look impressive. But do not forget that in those years the market was dominated by games console Atari 2600, the console that will revolutionize the world of video games Nintendo Entertainment System (in our country known as the Taiwan clone Dendy), will be born only a year later, in 1985. Yet we should not forget that Elon musk, in 1984, was only 12 years old. I also learned to program in QBasic around that age, but before the release of the full game I it never came. My first game I released only in 2009, when I was 27 years old.

At a young age Musk knew that any of your work can be sold. So he sold the source code for their game magazine PC and Office Technology for $ 500. Later a scan of the page from the magazine, devoted to 12-year-old computer programmer, appeared in autobiography ashlee Vance "Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX and the journey to a fantastic future."

But the fate of the game Blastar is not over. In our day, a programmer from Google Barcelona, Linares found the original code of the game and recreated the game so that it can be run directly in the Internet browser using HTML5. Control of the game is simple: arrows cursor you move your ship around the screen and shoot by pressing the spacebar.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: hi-news.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting