Gary Gave. Stones-Pets made him a multimillionaire in six months

The beginning. In 1975 Gary Dahl (Gary Dahl), working at the time, the Manager on work with clients in an advertising Agency, I began selling rocks Pets, which quickly turned him into a multimillionaire. Such a huge profit even more impressive, given the extremely low cost of this product and that it took only six months.

Stones-Pets sold for $3,95 apiece, and according to rough estimate, over 6 months Gave has sold over 5 million rocks. Each stone cost him a few cents, and the production of related packaging and manual wholesale cost less than 30 cents per pair. Secondary costs and shipping added to the cost of 65 cents. Thus, the profit made from each stone was $ 3, and for 6 months in 1975, he earned more than $ 15 million, today this amount is approximately $56 166 419,02.

Gary Gave, the inventor of the rocks-Pets

Innovative product Gave was just rocks that he purchased from the supplier of building materials, and then sold them as live Pets. According to him, the idea came to him in connection with the difficulty, mess and expenses associated with such Pets as cats and dogs.

Marketing

He began with the fact that he created the company called "Rock Bottom Productions". The stones were imported from Rosarito Beach, Baja California state, Mexico. Packing stones included "Guide" and looked like a cardboard box for transporting Pets. The manual contained instructions for the care of a pet, and recommendations for taming — how to teach him different commands: "sit", "lie", "die", "roll" and "me."

How to teach a stone to attack

Buyers

Part of the marketing strategy Gave was the assertion that the stones can bring more pleasure than we can imagine. He convinced buyers that these stones supports this statement by its very existence, and clearly demonstrate that the joy of the child within us brings not the object itself, and the idea of him. Pet is in our mind a niche created by the power of imagination. Exercise for the mind — now this is fun.

The idea is quite reasonable: if you spend your holidays in such a productive and effective way, it may be more useful for our mind, including preventive point of view, than even the most advanced psychological treatments. Those who bought these unusual "Pets" often gave them names, talked to them, caressed them, and tried to teach them simple "tricks".

Stones-Pets continue to live

Unlike most coming of Hobbies, stones-Pets continue to live, and even on the Internet there is a revival. There are their memorial page and doubles. You can still purchase such a pet, though new manufacturers have given it a new look. The usual gray of the cobblestones now almost not sold. Painted cover painted, and decorated in various ways, giving them greater individuality than could offer the creation of Made. You can purchase a stone on which is written your life plan, or a stone that is individually painted in memory of your favorite pet, or just a stone, devoid of any reminders of the past, to the idea of him formed in your imagination itself.

The largest collection of stones-Pets

Rocks stones Pets

Today Leslie O Dougherty (Lesley O'doherty) has the largest collection of stones-Pets in the world. She began to gather them in 6 years when I got my first stone as a gift for my birthday from my mother. "I remember exactly when it happened. I just unwrapped all my presents and thought it all, when mom suddenly handed me a small box, which was my first stone," she said in an interview with "Rock Magazine Collection" in 2005, "I named him Pickles".

Lesley keeps her collection in the safe, because he believes that business with stones-Pets expects a new boom, and she has some "special instances," which she hopes can be worth something.

The idea for a few million

The idea Gave was simple, effective and highly successful similar to other coming Hobbies such as hula Hoop and doll Cabbage Patch Kids (the doll, became popular in the mid 80-ies due to the fact that each doll was different from others, each has its own face, clothes, own name and even "birth certificate"). Revival stones-Pets inspires the creation of another million ideas. As shown in the example Given, all you need is a good idea, a clear plan, hard work and good marketing. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.diggreader.ru/2007/08/29/kamni-pitomtsyi-sdelali-ego-multimillionerom-za-polgoda/

Tags

See also

New and interesting