The secrets of proper freezing

Every summer, the hostess asking: how to preserve the abundance of berries, fruits and vegetables that they raised on the land? In my experience, one of the best ways to retain vitamins and minerals is, of course, a quick freeze. Than many now and enjoy due to large cooling units in the house. But the question is still this: that you can freeze for the winter, and what is not?

And here I want to give some tips, based on my experience and observation.

Jagadisa berries can be frozen, but not all of them preserve their original form and taste. I am only talking about those that are harvested this way myself. Here, for example, perfectly retain the appearance and taste of currants and cherry — defrost and eat! Raspberry better taste and if you add the sugar. I love strawberries, but after defrosting it is not the same... I Have a lot of plums. Frozen I like the taste, but it loses shape, but because I prefer to freeze it without the bones. Blueberries and gooseberries are also well retain their shape, but lose the taste.

Vegetables and zelenenko with my favorite vegetables and herbs. Very convenient when they are always on hand in the freezer.
Vegetables you can freeze almost everything. Question — is it necessary? For example, carrots and beets I freeze only those that are rejected before laying the cellar — irregular, small, cracked roots. RUB them on a coarse grater, put it into plastic containers or simply wrapped in plastic wrap. In winter, these carrots and beets are good for adding to sauté, soups, meat and fish dishes. And, of course, indispensable for the soup. Break off a piece of the briquette and on the griddle or in the pan. Simple, fast, and most importantly — very convenient.

Bell peppers are good that after defrosting it suitable even for stuffing. Tomatoes cut slices (pieces) — and also in the freezer. Or mince and frozen mashed potatoes.

Not suggest to freeze the cucumber and zucchini. Although the zucchini and freeze it for pancakes, their pre-rubbed on a coarse grater. Love eggplant, but for freezing them, unfortunately, are not suitable.

I freeze almost all the greens that grow: parsley, dill, spinach, Basil, cilantro. It perfectly retains its properties and, very importantly, smell. Before freezing it is necessary to sort and rinse well under running water and put it into a colander in small portions. Washed greens, spread out in a single layer to drain the water (I do this on the table, on a clean linen or paper towels). It needs to dry out, to subsequently freeze in the refrigerator. Freeze small portions in food bags that are better sign.

Gribanova, including myself, prepare for the winter mushrooms, also putting them in the freezer. I prefer to first boil them or fry, and then freeze, so I believe that fresh mushrooms are much worse than the taste.

What is better to freeze?
  • Plastic bag — versatile option. In packages stored excellent mixtures of vegetables, meats and hard fruit such as apples.
  • Plastic containers with lids suitable for freezing mushrooms, berries, soft vegetables and fruits — in General, all products that can be deformed. Containers are also great for freezing liquid sauces and soups.
  • Plastic bottles are a great way to freeze purees and soups. Pour the puree into a plastic bottle, tighten lid and freeze. Take out 10-15 minutes before use and hold at room temperature.
  • Glass and metal are not suitable for long-term storage in the freezer, and unlike plastic they overreact to changes in temperature.

In zakluchenija to add that to freeze for the winter can be almost anything, but... first, you need to know how to do it. Second, clearly define for themselves, as you all will use. Think carefully whether you need it and in what quantity, to not have the spring all to simply throw away.published

Author Olga Loboda, the Penza region

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting