How to care for the onions: 10 tricks for a bumper harvest

I'm not much of a gardener. But my leeks are growing just fine. And care for him taught one neighbor at the cottage: all are jealous of her harvests! So I want to tell You how it's done. That is to say, let the secrets of a neighbor to the masses.

Planting onion sets

The secret first. Bow does not like clay soils, if You have such, you need to bed be sure to pour sand, peat, mix well. And still need slightly alkaline soil, if you sour, with autumn ( spring to do it later) you need to make dolomite powder for deoxidation.

The secret of the second. When planting sets, you need to lower it to 10-20 minutes in a solution of potassium permanganate for disinfection of planting material.

The secret of the third. Then you need to trim verhushechku to bow faster sprouted.

The secret of the fourth. In a row to put some regular salt will help in the fight against onion fly.

The secret of the fifth. Near the bed of onions be sure to plant a flower bed with carrots, which again will deter onion fly. And bow, in turn, deters carrot fly. That is to say, the benefit is mutual.

Onions and carrots need to grow up! The secret of the sixth. Make three feeding. 1st - in the phase of two leaves, slurry (1 liter of manure in a bucket of water) or chicken manure ( 1стакан in a bucket of water) + 30-40 g of superphosphate, previously dissolved in warm water, a Cup of ash. 2nd top dressing in two weeks: superphosphate – 30 g+ 10 g urea + potassium 5 g in a bucket of water. 3rd feeding – in end of June and superphosphate 30 g + 10 g urea + 5 g of potassium If you are going to feed in early July – nitrogen (urea) eliminate.

And in any case, avoid excess nitrogen fertilizer, it's a good pen, and head hurt. Of potash fertilizer is best suited potassium sulfate, because onions are sensitive to sulphur. And potassium depends the safety of the bow. It is still there in the ashes.

The secret seven. In any case, do not use a dressing of fresh manure and potassium chloride (if it and make, that only in the fall)– will immediately reduce your yields. Don't neglect phosphorus largely depends on the size of the bulbs.

Dry onions properly!

The secret of the eighth. Very important because we all want the onion was preserved as long as possible. So, whatever it was, must bow in the middle zone of Russia and Belarus to remove in a timely manner, namely before the first August rains. Best of all – at the end of July. Blu – podocyte not only your bow, but also the reputation of a good gardener – nothing will save the bow for a really long time.

The secret of the ninth. Of course you need as best you can dry your onions in the attic where the wind howled. Then remove all dried mud, cut off dried-up pen, leaving 8-10 cm

The secret of the tenth. And I advise you from time to time to touch the bow. If suddenly go bad at least one it will begin to deteriorate and the others.. believe it or not, I have onions to be stored until the next harvest or longer in paper bags in the kitchen under the table. I wish You to be with a bow all year round! published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and in Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: vk.com/dachahitrosti?w=wall-94669436_40

Tags

See also

New and interesting