Who does not dream to swim with dolphins, ride on the back of an elephant through the jungle, to play with a lion cub? Close communication with our smaller brethren has on people is a magical effect, and some forms of animal tourism, like observing gorillas in Rwanda or the Congo, contribute to the preservation and protection of these rare animals.
But sometimes the animal tourism takes a different form. In the pursuit of profit, some entrepreneurs exploiting animals, trying to knock out tourists as much money as possible. Examples of animal cruelty thousands. And here are some of them.MANUAL TIGERS
Thailand. A country of Buddhists. It would seem that here all forms of animal cruelty should be excluded. But things are very different. For example, the famous tiger monastery, though, and is under the control of the monks, but spirituality is not there, in fact it is the only zoo where you earn money.
Most of the day tigers are in cages. They have been badly treated – beaten, little food. No tiger is still not released, but it is suspected that many were sold to slaughter for the production of skins, meat, blood and penises, which according to local legend said to have magic healing powers.
Unfortunately, few people stop, and people go there to make unusual pictures. But those who truly love animals will surely be able to find another way to watch the tigers.CARE ABOUT DOLPHINS
In the marine Park "Marineland" inhabit some of the most intelligent mammals – dolphins and killer whales. They are caught in the wild in infancy – toddlers are easier to train. Weaning calves in small closed basins, despite the fact that for normal development, they require constant movement.
Although dolphins live in groups, here in the same pool are dolphins from different groups. Imagine if you kidnapped a child and kept somewhere, along with children from other countries. No one would have understood, conflicts would be inevitable. The same thing is happening in the marine Park.
And finally, dolphins have to learn to perform complex tricks, which their nature was not prepared. It is not surprising that these intelligent and emotional animals are starting to hate their educators.WE DON'T NEED TRAINED ELEPHANTS
Few tourists visit Thailand to see elephants trained, knows about the ancient practice called "pajaan". Her goal is to break the spirit of the elephant to become docile and unquestioningly obey the instructions of man.
A baby elephant is weaned from his mother at the age of 4 years, driven into a narrow cage and tied so that he couldn't get out. After that, it constantly beat, beating with sticks with nails.
The torture lasts for a week. All this time the elephant is not fed and not watered, don't allow him to sleep. The more he resists, the more he is beaten, and try to get to the most sensitive parts of the body – the ears, the eyes. Some animals go blind. So the elephants are taught to fear man. So next time you are offered to ride an elephant, remember that there is such a entertainment.WHAT TO DO?
So cruel if the animal tourism? Sometimes Yes. How to make so that communication with animals is not carried devastating effects?
Here are some tips:
- Before you participate in any camping event involving animals, try to get him as much information. For example, going to India, do not pay money for feeding elephants on the streets. The animals begged for food, poorly fed and give them water.
- Do not give money to those who make elephants paint or play musical instruments. The poor elephants are forced to haul brush on the canvas, because I already know what fate awaits them in case of disobedience. All this only for money, not for the love of elephants.
- Never go to a circus with animals. The circus is unthinkable without abuse. The animals themselves don't follow all those clever tricks that they are taught through beatings and starvation. If the animal can not withstand harsh conditions and begins to show aggression, killing him.
- Take part in volunteer activities organized by people who respect nature and animals. It is important that the organization was registered as public or charitable, otherwise, again, you can run into dishonest lovers of easy profit.
- Simply put, if an animal trained or otherwise, do not participate in this event. Training a wild animal is not possible without cruelty. But to observe them in their natural habitat is a real treat and an unforgettable experience of a lifetime. published
P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©
Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki