My adolescent son: how did we do without teenage riot

When my middle son started adolescence, he walked away from me into the distance.

In the literal sense: closed in her room, talked more with friends and with my father than with me.

Began to brew inside, less making out.

Change for me was painful – I'm used to our intimacy. However, I have accepted the fact that he needs to grow up; besides, I have my interesting life, and I let him go.

Teenage rebellion was not needed: the teen one is not forcibly held, and new perspectives and interests were taken seriously.

Now, after a few years of seclusion, he is ready for closer contact. I note with interest, with amazement, with admiration see the changes.

Talked today ... about values and about the meaning of life.

To begin, I got two rollers In Contact about the power of money over people, the consumer society, the pursuit of external damage internal, self-expression, and basic human communication...

....My son, despite the temporary distance, and only periodic contact, care about the same issues as me.

Now we're talking about how easy in our world to lose reference points, chasing fame and wealth, or, on the contrary, having lost faith in himself.

Listening to him, I feel our separateness, and it doesn't hurt, and makes me happy.

It is completely different, he grew up in different circumstances and in a different family than me. He didn't have to fight for respect of their rights and boundaries, but the challenges of his life no less and no easier my.

He lives in an intense world filled with gadgets, speed and availability, a world filled with false meanings and equivalent substitutes.

He sees weakness and fear of the older generation, still agrees with the object attitude of the authorities, and trying to find his own place.

And he, like me, seeks to rely on something more sustainable, rather than momentary.

This is our community. Separateness is intriguing, and draws the community closer.

I repeat my conclusion from earlier work with its clients: separation makes the relationship on a more adult level, not dividing, but rather opening new horizons for the contact.

Letting go, I allow the other individual to stay away from me, finding his way and subsequently enjoy what appears.

About the meaning of life Dima said that he was in how to give birth to the next generation, to leave a legacy and prepare a suitable place to live.

I shared my understanding of the meaning: it is to live, feeling every moment, not hiding from feelings and from the risk of being imperfect, living all its fullness.

It seems that every age group has its meaning... posted

Author: Veronica Brown

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.facebook.com/veronika.hlebova.9/posts/10205682619640798

Tags

See also

New and interesting