This Olympic champion gave his medal to help the boy

Achievements Olympic champions hit, but it's only a small part of what these people are capable of. Up Website has reached the amazing story of the athlete.

Polish athlete Piotr Malahovskiy (Piotr Malachowski) at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, set a record. He threw the iron disc to a distance of 71, 84 meters. So far no one has cast.

And already during the Olympic Games in Rio, he received a silver medal and was very proud to take her to his country.

Among the congratulatory emails that the athlete has received, there was one special. He wrote a woman named Gosia, whose 3-year-old son Olek suffered from retinoblastoma, or eye cancer.

Although the disease is treatable, the boy could be cured only in New York that could not afford the parents.

When Malahovskiy Olek heard the story, he immediately realized that I must do.

In his Facebook Olympian he said that he put his medal up for auction to cover the costs of treating the baby.

Bidding lasted only two days, after which the medal was sold, and the proceeds money was enough to help Olek.

«< In Rio I was fighting for the gold , - he wrote. - < Today, I urge all the people, let us fight together for something that is more valuable »

. Act Olympian - this is only the beginning of history. Now the boy was sent for treatment, and he has a long way to recovery.

Sam Malahovskiy can, and left without a medal, but after he did, he deserved to be called a hero of his people.

Translation Website
Photos on the preview eastnews

See also:
14 things that are silent Olympic champions
And you know why Olympic champions bite their medals?
The most valuable medal of the Olympics gave this girl is not for victory

via www.adme.ru/zhizn-dobro/samuyu-cennuyu-medal-olimpiady-dali-etoj-devushke-sovsem-ne-za-pobedu-1344415/

Tags

See also

New and interesting