Russian idols Schwarzenegger

7 photo gallery and a few letters

Arnold Schwarzenegger - the idol of millions of Russian boys 80 and 90, and to this day is an idol for many. He - a sample of an enviable physique, a true personification of the "screen" of courage.

Almost all of our young men in the house hung a poster on the wall with an iron Arnie. His twenty times peresnyatye photo adorned in all sports clubs basement. His biceps and really did think of the guys men, forced to drag three hours post made of scrap screwed at the ends of the brake pads from the locomotive.

He had all the chances to become the president of the United States. But, unfortunately, under the Constitution, the one who was not born in America, does not have the right to be head of state.

We thought, and who was the idol at the very Arnold? Who was the impetus for him? Whose posters hung in the "rocking" in Schwarzenegger?

Our Russian athletes! Yuri Vlasov, Vasily Alexeyev and Leonid Zhabotinsky. How sad that young people today do not know these names.

Yuri Vlasov

A living legend! Great warrior! A role model of a whole generation of people around the world.

In 1960, at the Rome Olympics athlete set a record among the four heavyweights. The Swedish newspaper "Idrottsbladet" then wrote, "Vlasov - a sensation of sensations! His performance was so stunning, so fabulously unusual, that it can not be compared to any single event in the history of the Olympic Games. The world sport still has not been so high and unreachable. He - the standard of the athlete and a brilliant representative of his people & quot ;.

During his professional career has set 31 world record. 1960 Olympic champion in weightlifting in the heavyweight division. Winner of the silver medal of the Olympic Games in 1964. Bearer of the USSR team at the opening and closing of the Olympic Games of 1960, the opening of the games in 1964. World champion in 1959, 1961-1963 years. European Champion 1959-1964 period. Champion of the country's 1959-1963. World record holder in the years 1959-1967. After leaving the sport, he has left the future weightlifters developed his unique system of training.

To understand how great was the respect for the Vlasov in the USSR, it is enough to know about this case: in 1961, was invited to the TV studio three legendary people - Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin and Gherman Titov, Yuri Vlasov and athlete. Gagarin and Titov came first and waited for the start of filming, sitting on the couch. When the captain went engineer Yuri Vlasov, two majors immediately jumped up and snapped to "Attention!»

Vlasov and Schwarzenegger met in 1961 in Vienna at the World Championships in weightlifting. Friend Vlasov Austrian weightlifter Heltke asked for "moral support" of his 13-year-old student. Schwarzenegger remember this meeting for a lifetime. In 1988 he came to Moscow for the shooting of the film "Red Heat". First went on a visit to Vlasov. On the Russian athlete Schwarzenegger donated photograph is written: "Yuri Vlasov, my idol, with love and bow».

Leonid Zhabotinsky

Another living legend. Two-time champion of the Olympic Games - 1964 and 1968 (in the 1964th win of Vlasov). During the four years he had the title of "the most powerful man on the planet" (World Champion 1964-1966, 1968). European Champion - 1966, 1968 Champion of the USSR - 1964-1969. World record holder - 1963-1970. It has established 21 world records.

"I was rooting for you since childhood. Even during the Tokyo Olympics, although there were Americans and Shemanski Gubner. For them, of course, I also experienced, but for some reason I wanted to win was you "- these words of Jabotinsky Schwarzenegger said during their meeting in the US, where Jabotinsky came at the personal invitation Arnie.

Vasily Alexeyev

Olympic champion in weightlifting in 1972 and 1976. Eight-time world champion. The six-time European champion. Seven-time champion of the USSR. The holder of 80 world records and 81 records of the USSR!

Opened the era of "shestisotnikov" first conquered the peak shestisotkilogrammovy.

At the 1970 World Cup in the United States put in place the main competitor American Dzhozeba Dube, who promised "to defeat the Communists." Alexeev lifted 500-pound barbell, six thousandth American audience stood and gave a standing ovation to the Soviet athlete! They embraced and cheered as if their athlete won!

After retiring from active athletes, Alekseev continued his career as head coach of the Soviet national team. He set another all-time record - when it no member of the team has not received any injuries, and no one received a score of zero in the competition.

And who knows what would have been the Iron Arnie who he became, if our guys also starred in the movies? Fame he may be, and it would be, but for the most part of the world fame exactly had to share with our heroes!

Stadthalle Hall was packed. Beating the most powerful people on the planet crowned world championship weightlifters 1961. Before going on stage to our legendary Yuri Vlasov he approached his longtime friend the Austrian Heltke and said that he has a very strong boy. And what if his moral Vlasov "frighten", it will be very ... From teen will sense.

Once on the platform of passion subsided, to Yuri Petrovich led slender long-necked creation of thirteen. "For him, I was like a god, he was a force of love - remember about that meeting Vlasov. - I showered him then a whole slew of words - was the heat in a large, and probably why they sounded very convincing: Never, under any grief, distress, the spine is damaged, broken arm - do not give up! Train and victory will be with you always. And thank. You have excellent bone, muscle, look. The main thing in sports - not a coward! »

... In 1988, Vlasov called and reported that Schwarzenegger finished filming "Red Heat" does not want to fly, passed the ticket until he sees.

With great surprise I saw Yuri Petrovich this huge man who reminded him of the meeting at the World Championships in Vienna. After long Vlasov voltage remembered. Then Schwarzenegger admitted: "You know, your words have defined my life. I then became a champion, I was married to Maria Shriver of the Kennedy clan. I have all gone differently, so I think you're the one who owe everything. In memory of this meeting our wonderful athlete and writer-publicist Photo teen idol 80 with the inscription: "Yuri Vlasov, my idol, and worshiped with love".

And Arnold himself on that meeting, recalled: "It was still a child when my friend and I arrived in 1961 in Vienna for the world championship in weightlifting. We are, by and large acquaintance, met in the locker room. And here I saw Vlasov. From it emanated directly somehow invincible serenity. Everything since then he became my idol. I even shook his hand then. Actually, to be honest, because of him engaged in weightlifting, and then athletic gymnastics. Many times won the championships. Always next to me was Vlasov. I have something and flew to Moscow with the idea necessarily meet this living legend "...

slavyanskaya-kultura.ru/news/sport/...arcenegera.html

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting