Athlete refused to participate in the Olympic Games, in order to save his horse

Do you think that person is more important - a true friendship or Olympic medals? Do the Dutch champions equestrian Adelinde Cornelissen on this issue have a definite answer. For her, life and health of her best friend - a horse named Percival - is more important than all the medals in the world

. Revision Website just could not pass up this story. We hope that Parzival will soon recover, and together with his owner will win more than one award.

There were no signs of trouble: Adelinde and her horse came to Rio to participate in the Olympic Games - their discipline is dressage. Everything went according to plan in the first few days, until suddenly Percival was not bitten by a poisonous insect. Because of this poor horse's head was swollen and he had a fever.

Veterinarians animal had all the necessary assistance, and soon the horse felt better. Adelinde so worried that his friend did not leave even for a moment, she even spent the night in the stable, where every hour checking health Parzival. Due to intensive care, he again rose to his feet.

The athlete did not want to bring his team and has continued to participate in the games. But very quickly it became clear that the horse is not ready, despite the fact that he was admitted to the competition. Adelinde felt that her friend can not act in the same way as before and began to fear that further participation in the games could hurt the horse. So she took the courageous decision not to take risks and refused to participate in the Olympics for Percival health.

That's what Adelinde wrote about it on his Facebook page:
"I gave in to protect it. My friend, my horse is sacrificed for me all his life, and he does not deserve to be used. So I waved to the audience and left the stage. Nothing in the world is not worth it to risk the lives of Percival, even an Olympic medal. »

Source Adelinde Cornelissen
Photos on the preview ADELNDE CORNELISSEN / FACEBOOK.COM

See also:
Post adoration
horses 12 good stories that strengthen faith in humanity
This dog ran 100 km and showed the world what true loyalty

via www.adme.ru/zhizn-zhivotnye/etot-pes-probezhal-100-km-i-pokazal-vsemu-miru-chto-takoe-nastoyaschaya-vernost-1334165/

Tags

See also

New and interesting