Happiness - unhappiness. The parable in Osho presentation

One very rich man wanted to be happy. He tried all methods, but nothing helped. He visited many of the saints, no one could help him. Someone once told him:
- Go to the Mulla Nasreddin. He lives in a certain city - is the only person who can help you. He took the bag full of diamonds, and showed it to Mulla Nasruddin, who was sitting under a tree on the outskirts of the city, basking in the sun. He said Nasreddin:
- I am very unhappy person - I want happiness. I am willing to give him anything, but I have never experienced happiness, I do not know what it is - and death is getting closer. Can you help me? How can I be happy? I have all that the world could give me, but still I am unhappy. Why?
Mulla looked at this man and ... it all happened so suddenly, that the rich man did not have time to understand what happened. Mullah attacked him, took away his bag and ran away. The rich man, of course, ran after him, shouting:
- He cheated, robbed me
! Mullah knew the location of the streets in the city, so he did zigzags, turning to the right and to the left. A rich man never in his life had ever run, and he was crying bitterly, and tears flowed down his cheeks, he shouted:
- I was robbed, I have taken away everything I had - all my savings! People save! Help!
And the crowd ran after them. By the time they caught up with Mullen, he was sitting in the same place where the rich man first met him. wealthy horse stood there, Mulla was sitting under a tree. The rich man was still crying and panting from the run. And Mullah returned his bag. The rich man said:
- Thank God
! He immediately calmed down and tears of happiness flowed from his eyes. Mulla said:
- Look, I have made you happy. Now you know what happiness is? This bag was with you for many years and you were unhappy. It was necessary to select it from you. Happiness - is the flip side of unhappiness. That's why happiness should not be the purpose of your life, because as long as you want happiness, you will be unhappy. And what are you unhappy, the happier you will appear to those few fleeting moments of happiness.

Happiness can not be the goal, the goal can only be bliss. Happiness is useless: it is based on luck.

Tags

See also

New and interesting