20 fascinating facts and little facts
Site publishes a selection of motley, but equally interesting and entertaining facts, korotyulek! < 1. In Japan, every year held a memorial ceremony in honor of the old sewing needles.
2. The biggest traffic jam in the history was recorded in China. Its length of almost 100 kilometers, and the fact that it is "resolved" it took about 10 days.
3. Franz Kafka burned 90% of his work.
4. The holes in the caps of the pens began to do to people who accidentally swallow them without choking.
5. In London, there are working since 1918 store sells salt of human tears.
6. In Saudi Arabia, women are not allowed to drive cars, but are allowed to control the aircraft.
7. A strong earthquake could affect the Earth's rotation and change the duration of the day.
8. «gorilla" comes from the Greek word «tribe of hairy women».
9. The car "Mazda" was named after the supreme Zoroastrian god Ahura Mazda.
10. Under the ground is hidden in 10 times more water than all the oceans, lakes, rivers and glaciers on the surface.
11 The average life expectancy of Afghan men is the lowest in the world - 43, 4 years
12 In Venezuela, beer lovers more than anywhere else on Earth. This year the people consume 83 liters per person
13. <. / from Canada, the largest percentage of owners of personal computers - 94, 3 PCs per 100 people
14. The sign "pause" "on the remote control has been borrowed from musical notation where called « caesura » means" the distinction between the individual constructions a piece of music. »
15 The tobacco smoke contains radioactive substance - isotope polonium-210
16 chronophobia -.. It is a neurotic fear of travel time . The most common among prisoners sentenced to long terms.
17. The youngest mother in history was only five years old.
18. Insects do not feel pain.
19. In 20% of people do not have so-called "pyramid muscles" (begins at the pubic crest, goes up and woven into the white line of the abdomen).
< 20. Scientists still do not know why warm water freezes faster than cold.
New and interesting