Pharmaceutical and food mafia

Och interesting (for many it will be opening)

Each year, as far as possible, we hold these symposia, congresses, which heard reports of bogus bogus statistics and graphs with bogus message about bogus results achieved in the sale of our patients produced medicines. Of course, we finance magazines, such as "Medical Weekly" in order to cover the work of the congress or symposium with the application of some photos, as if it were an event, and that it was this magazine managed to find and bring to its readers information about kakom- the new drug. We do so not only with the medical journals, as well as with others. All this costs a lot of money, and our budget for advertising is big enough. Medicines are sold in the same way as, for example, detergents.

We conclude agreements with some private doctors, and often with medical clinics, which we list the significant amount of money, if they prove to us that they are administered to patients of our preparations. A few years ago we used a different practice - are small gifts in the form of medical supplies, boxes of champagne, whiskey or cognac. Sometimes we organized for such doctors incentive travel, if they achieved high profitability of sold medicines. And now, due to the high competition, we pay them only money. And to explain the tax structures such transfers, we call them in our reports as "aid for scientific research" or "subsidies for experimentation." Doctors have become increasingly demanding, and sometimes they do not give up, and blackmail.
I am well paid to one of the journalists of the French major medical journal and handed him the text on pages 3 with the condition that they will not be subject to editing. The article described the profound studies from my laboratory in preparation for the release of the drug, which lowers cholesterol levels in the blood. As evidence cited invented statistics showing ostensibly to reduce cholesterol levels after taking the drug, and that the data have been transferred to me the doctor-experimenter in the last stage of clinical trials. It must be admitted that the first checks were not convincing enough, and so I was advised at the time of the transfer of research results to the commission for permission to withdraw from the sale of the dossier of the first clinical studies and to submit a second version with rigged results. In this second report, of course, information on cholesterol levels were artificially low in order to show the efficacy of the drug.
A month later, I got all the sales organization permission after sending a large report with a completely distorted results. In short, I must tell you that part of the alleged drug miraculous chemical formula for lowering cholesterol, was pure fiction. This marvelous chemical substance never really existed at all was invented. In case the interest we took several soluble enzymes that contribute to digestion, and gave them the name "means lowering cholesterol».
"In 1934, at age 29, I finished my studies at the medical faculty and worked in Lyon as a therapist. My office, bought thanks to the dowry of my wife, daughter of a wealthy merchant of the city, located in the heart of the city.
Of course, you know, what was the young doctor to start his professional career without adequate capital. So we had to pick up his wife from a wealthy bourgeois family. I was not too demanding for what concerned the beauty and education of his wife ... What was the most important - is the value of the dowry ...
After two years of hard work I was able to form a small clientele, consisting mainly of patients with rheumatic diseases, obese or nervous disorders. They are all included in the surroundings of my wife and her parents.
In 1939, I was mobilized. A few months later, in 1940, I returned to my city, having a chance to not be in a combat zone and not be captive.
The period from 1940 to 1945 was not a particularly enjoyable for me, but was not marked by any incident, as I said, that did not take part in the Resistance and the Vichy regime that suits me perfectly.
During these years, due to an acute shortage of medicines I was interested in phytotherapy. I thought of my grandmother on his mother, who lived to 96 years. She treated rheumatism medicine prepared from the leaves of willow, and it is well managed.
In studying this issue, I learned that the bark, leaves and catkins of willow have antipyretic, sedative, analgesic, anti-rheumatic and other properties because they contain salicylic acid. Since most of my clients, which I attributed to drugs based on aspirin, often complained of intestinal pain caused by this medicine, why not try a willow leaf medicine? I did so - on the bottle gave three of my patients, who then came to me for re-examination in 2 months, expressing my gratitude, as they felt that the pain in the joints decreased significantly, without any side effects.. Frankly, I was very surprised by the result of a successful treatment. Hearing about my success has spread rapidly among patients and a few months later I had yet to produce the right amount of medication. And in order to do this, I had to collect the leaves and bark of willow far outside of Lyon, to harvest a strong drink with my friend - a pharmacist, look glassware, to prepare a tincture and pass it through a filter. On the other hand, I give aware of the fact that studied pharmacy, without having the diploma, and a day later, or earlier, as a result of the gab some patients I risked having trouble on the part of the Supervisory Board of physicians and pharmacists, and pay the penalty for the illegal practice of medicine manufacturing . I decided, in the end, an agreement with my friend, a pharmacist who now took the responsibility for the preparation of the drug and selling it. Three years have passed; My medication was implemented successfully, however, it became obvious that my friend and I do not work on an equal footing.

In 1953, I established contact with the laboratory, which has offered the drug. And soon I realized how naïve I was, having made such an unusual thing to do. I took a pompous director who informed me that his company since 1943 specializing in the manufacture of medications containing salicylic acid and that the production of tablets it is quite satisfying. He explained to me that although this drug has adverse consequences (what - he did not name), it is one of the best painkillers on the French market. He buys feedstock in Germany and produces tablets with the addition of potato starch and others. Why would he want to complicate their lives by using some willow bark? This would require completely rebuild the entire process ... I tried in vain to explain to him that when
the use of willow bark can avoid unwanted side effects.
Returning to her totally upset, I carefully analyzed the unwanted side effects of the drug, manufactured this laboratory. List them was long enough: tinnitus; ear infection; cephalalgia (headache); pain in the abdomen and in the stomach; bleeding from the rectum; bleeding gums, nosebleeds, bloody vomiting; swelling, hives, asthma, skin sensitization, and a number of others.
I thought that perhaps the side effects have resulted from an overdose that could prevent some patients, as well as due to the fact that the esophageal mucosa long period of time exposed to this medication (which happens frequently with some patients). All this could lead to major changes.
In 1955, father and wife's mother died, and my wife as the only daughter received a significant inheritance. I then got the idea to buy the lab and leave the medical profession. I convinced my wife to pass at my disposal the necessary amount for this purchase. I bought an old lab, the main products of which was the release of two types of drugs that have a choleretic effect: stimulating the formation of bile and promote excretion of bile. I recruited a novice pharmacist and began reshaping the laboratory. Under the influence of its pharmacology and absolutely do not understand the chemistry, I attempted to get permission to sell three new drugs, while continuing to release drugs choleretic action. One of the new drugs should possess strong analgesic property, the other - purgative, the third - an expectorant. According to my pharmacologist, these three drugs were to ensure a high return on my lab. As you can see, no longer was the question of the preparation of the drug from the leaves and bark of willow trees.

Like most other laboratories for the preparation of the first drugs we use salicylic acid and added to it a little ephedrine. We stayed only concerns about the possibility of unwanted side effects. As for the laxative formula, it came directly from the formula cholagogue, which is already sold in the market, and it simply was added metoklopramin. Finally, the formula contains codeine expectorant with a few well-known liquors. There was nothing extraordinary in the fact that I was able to normal as possible to get permission to sell these drugs. Within a few years, thanks to successful advertising and trade, my laboratory has made a significant turnover and has received considerable profit.

I continued to work with small laboratories. At the age of 61, having achieved a solid position, it would be reasonable to remain at the same level. However, this has not happened, and my story too long to tell ... It is well known that the more you earn money, the more you want to have them, but received non-professional advice of one of my employees, I pulled into an adventure, at least, dangerous. My laboratory has tried to develop a medical formula for a new drug that has brought me a lot of trouble ... In short, it is beginning to produce a new drug against pain, based on the new formula, and it was very big mistake. Many signals received by the National Centre for Pharmacovigilance of registered accidents caused by the use of this medicine ... In this regard, it has become apparent that this medication can not be earned, and then I was forced to remove the drug from retail sales. I felt responsible for a large number of problems that brought the drug to some customers, but at the same time I did not feel guilt, because all those whom he did not help with allergies and that I could not foresee. At the same time, I realized that I was not the inventor of the drug ...

As you can see, I am 77 years old and I live in Las Palmas with a solid pension ... Five years ago I was widowed. My boat can be seen from my villa. The yacht and a villa bathed in the golden rays of the sun throughout the year. Thanks to the sun I was not very concerned about rheumatic pain ... It is necessary to emphasize that I have never taken drugs allopathic medicine and that I am treated with homeopathic remedies.
I has a large income from capital invested successfully in different foreign countries. I never trusted my country's economic policy. As for my lab, I sold 12 years ago, it has become a very cost-effective and produces up to 12 drugs, including psychotropic, contraceptive and anti-hypertensive effects.
It is unfortunate that during my activity of these drugs are not used so much in demand, and so popular, as in our time, and the doctors and patients. It is evident that it is with such drugs can earn a lot of money. I always was a man of moderate means to earning a few tens of millions of francs.
As I read recently in a Spanish medical journals, only one antihypertensive agent called "kaptoprip" manufactured Squibb laboratory, reached record sales figures in 1989 - 1 billion dollars ...

. Excerpts from the book - the pharmaceutical and food mafia

Tags

See also

New and interesting