George Lucas and "Star Wars" parted forever

George Lucas is completely barred from working on a new trilogy of "Star Wars" (episodes from the seventh to the ninth), and said that all his options were rejected scripts film studio. in an interview on CBS, he compared it parting with the former partner - even a mutual decision, but because of this, not less painful.

George Lucas with his studio Lucasfilm has long denied the existence of plans to continue filming the original trilogy. Lucas said he did not know what happened after "Return of the Jedi", as the film tells the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke. However, in 2011, Lucas changed his mind and developed stories for the next three films. But after The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm and all rights to "Star Wars" Lucas' ideas were rejected.

"They have decided they do not want to use these stories, and they will shoot your own version - Lucas said in an interview with CBS. - They still do not especially want to involve me in this process. If I were to intervene, it would be no good came of it. They still would not do what I want. And I said to myself - Okay, I'll go on his way, and they - their ».

In the continuation of the saga he was going to tell about the grandson of the hero of the original trilogy. It is possible that some aspects of his proposals, and will appear in the new trilogy - all the character names as yet unknown. George said that from his point of view, the "Star Wars" - is a soap opera in outer surroundings, so it is not the main spacecraft, and the story of several generations of heroes.

"When you break off a relationship with someone, you do not call him, do not drive past his house to see what he does and does not say in the cafe, which he has to say:" You do not get. " You just say - this all is history, I'm moving forward. "

The full version of the interview will appear on the channel CBS News in December.

That's why the poster new "Star Wars" there is not only Luke and George.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/266252/

Tags

See also

New and interesting