Washing dishes helps calm

Website learned how to come to terms with such an unpleasant thing as washing dishes, and even benefit from it! Researchers from the University of Florida showed that washing dishes can help get rid of stress - if you approach it consciously. They conducted an experiment in which 51 university student washed the dishes. But before that, one half read a simple descriptive text about the dishes, and the other half - the text, based on the psychological technique of mindfulness.

The essence of mindfulness is to be in the moment, just be aware that you are doing. This practice is associated with Buddhism, but in 1970 at her noticed in clinical psychiatry and psychology. That half of the students at the University of Florida, who came to wash dishes knowingly (they focused on how to smell the dish detergent, feel the water temperature and tactile feel very dishes), reduce stress, and 27% felt encouraged. The second half - those who simply read the technical description of how to do the dishes - do not receive any benefit from the process.

Despite the fact that this is just an experiment, it is to be handled with confidence and try this technique in your life. Awareness - the current practice. Try to approach any monotonous cases carefully, do not let your mind get distracted and you calm down and feel good. It is not a container, it can be done with anything, even with the unpleasant task at work. In the XXI century have consciousness so many ways to distract from the case, so that an attempt to focus will never be superfluous.

An excerpt from the text, which read the second group of students:
«When you wash the dishes, you should do just that - to wash the dishes. This means that in the process of washing dishes should be fully aware of the fact that you wash the dishes. At first glance this may seem silly. Why pay so much attention to such banalities? But in this sense. The fact that I stand and wash the dishes - a wonderful reality. I am - this is me, watch your breath, feel its presence, aware of their thoughts and actions. I'm not going to rush from side to side, without thinking, like the bottle, which is jumping on the waves ».

via www.lookatme.ru/mag/how-to/better-life/217521-lifehack-dishes

Tags

See also

New and interesting