Directed by Ivan Zacharias: «No matter what you shoot - you can not get tired, or you simply kill you"

Cech Ivan Zacharias 35 years. Of those 13 years, he removes ads, and almost all of these years he worked in the London prodakshene Stink, cooperating with US and Canadian Smuggler Spy Films.

«I started to shoot randomly advertisements. In fact, I wanted to become the operator of a documentary, but some guys asked me to think, if I wanted to do commercials. I said, "I want" because I did not know what was getting into. / laugh / And I do I stick the past 13 years. From time to time I work by the operator on the set of documentaries, but not as a director. Because it takes so much time that I just can not shoot a commercial. I>

I love to tell stories, not just wacky shoot pictures and glue them together. I like to shoot long videos - you can pay attention to every detail, and also every time it turns out to do something new, and it's great ». I>
To his credit are not a lot of work - in the first 7 years, he took 45 spots, and then slow down, adding to the number of rollers 20-25. Zacharias said he did not want to shoot a lot, because he loves to get pleasure from work.
«We're doing three or four clips per year. That's enough to still enjoy it. If I did them 10 units per year, it would be hell. The head can not understand how people do so much and still get pleasure from it. It's too much. I want to live and little in between work.
Generally one clip takes me a couple of months, because I do everything, including post-production. Many directors fail at this process, but I do not understand it. Because most fun just in the post: the sound and installation. The installation just made video ». I>
Such a modest amount of work in a year allows Ivan meticulously choose the scenario, eventually creating a truly brilliant work in the past year, two "Cannes Lion" in 2006 - the same two, in 2005 - the same two ...
«I can not take off on the script, which I do not like, because I just do not want to get up for this early in the morning dragged on the ground, talking with the actors and crew and shoot it. I can not even imagine it ». I>
In addition to the selectivity at Zacharias has another secret of creating great movies:
«We never get tired and depressed. No matter when and where you shoot - you can not get tired, or you simply kill you. So you just have fun, to improvise and try to change something. And in the end everything will turn out well ». I>
Each advertising director, sooner or later, and most constantly asked about the "big cinema". In Zacharias has an adequate response to it:
«I wanted to make a film when I was in film school - it was a dream - but not now. I would like to stay in a feature film, but if I'm absolutely sure that I know what I want to say to them. Because now, too many empty, stupid movie.
I do not think I want to shoot a great movie, controlled a large studio, because in that case you just enough power to operate at full and own the process. When you do it in this manner two or three years, you just want it over with. I, you know, not in a hurry. I'll be happy to wait a few years until I find something that really want to do ». I>

In 2005, Ivan Zacharias came to Russia in Moscow Smuggler filmed movie "Matryoshka" Vodka Smirnoff Red. He took away a lot of memories, and these memories of his Twet to the questions of many Russian advertisers, "When are we going to shoot like there?»:

«Shooting in Russia was a real adventure. There was a proposal to remove "matryoshka" in Prague, such as is Russia, but they are not similar at all, so we went to Moscow. That was something! But it is quite funny. Teams change every day, we had to gather in 3-4 hours in the morning, in order to decide who will do what. Once they forgot to bring the technique to shoot, and we waited for four hours. Then we were ready to shoot, but suddenly it became clear that there is no film in the camera. Every hour was a surprise to some! » I>

In this collection site is best videos of Ivan Zacharias.

via # image759155

Tags

See also

New and interesting