Man obsessed gather all ever released cassette with the film "Speed"

Nutty kollektsioner

Ryan Beytz, a resident of the city of Moscow (Idaho, not to be confused with the capital of Russia) - a big fan of the movie "Speed". So big that aimed to collect all existing VHS format cassette with this film. Now it has 500 video tapes.

It all started when Beytz lived in Seattle. He had to find Christmas gifts for the whole family, and the money he almost was not. In Lombardy, he stumbled upon six copies of "Speed" and decided to give all the same gifts - it's really funny.

"I wanted to see how they in turn open the box and say," Oh, my "Speed"! What, you too? Yes, Ryan, it's very funny. " So everyone would get me the same gift. I would thus showed them that I love them all equally ", - says Beytz.

But when he bought all six tapes, he realized that it's cool - to own multiple copies of the same, in fact, things. Then he went into another pawn shop, where he found more and bought 30 copies of all for the price of 11 cents per share. And so it went. According Beytza, now has about 550 copies, but in fact he did not count them, because - well, who cares?

His hobbies Beytz calls "world project" Speed ​​"." In his own words, he did not spit on the practical application of a hobby, since he believes that his hobby is deeply connected with the psychology of Freud:

«Freud described the practice of repetition compulsion, and believed that the purpose of the unconscious - is repetition. You just have to repeat again and again the same thing, I do not remember why. Does this have something to do with eroticism? Well, maybe a vital force or something such ».

blockquote> Let us explain: when Beytz receives one copy, he immediately wants to take over another. And another. And further. Now he is working to make his bus the same as in the film and discovered this campaign on Kickstarter. He also plans to pass on his bus across America and collect all the tapes, which finds.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting