Some residents of the Kazakh village may suddenly fall asleep for a week

There is not only sleeping beauty, but also krasavtsy

The population of a small village roll, located in the central part of Kazakhstan, struck a strange illness - some of its residents suddenly sink into sleep, which can last for six to seven days. Outbreaks of this kind of diseases do not occur all year round - the first wave of such cases was observed in March-2013, then there were several incidents, as last reported in May of this year - a total of phenomenon affected about 60 people.

One of the first bed to sleep a local milkmaid, 50-year-old Maria Felk, but the victims of the syndrome of "Sleeping Beauty" are not only the indigenous inhabitants of the village, but arriving here recently - such as the 30-year-old Alex Gaume, who had come to visit the mother-in: "In the morning I wanted to work, including laptops, but suddenly as if someone had pushed a button and turned to me. Slept for about 30 hours - before anything similar happened to me, but the doctor who examined me, found no abnormalities, "- said Alexey.

When the first cases occurred, physicians have assumed that alcohol is to blame for poor quality, but as it later turned out, none of the first six fallen asleep the day before did not drink alcohol.

Experts who examined the area, took about 7 thousand samples, including - on the level of radiation in the soil content of salts of heavy metals, viruses, and more, but have been unable to determine the cause of outbreaks.

Chief doctor of the district hospital in Yesil Kabdrashit Almagambetov describes the symptoms of a mysterious illness: "History is always the same - weakness, delayed reaction, then suddenly falling asleep. When patients wake up, then I do not remember anything. " According Almagambetov until they fail to determine the nature of this state, in the medical records of victims it passes as toxic encephalopathy, but so far it's just a suggestion backed by nothing.

However, the scientists still have a version of the nature of this phenomenon, so Leonid Rikhvanov, professor of geochemistry and geoecology of Tomsk Polytechnic University, believes that sleep is not the radiation, and the evaporation of radon from a uranium mine. In this story, at the moment there are more questions than answers, so that scientists have yet to find out the true cause of this phenomenon.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting