Here is the Hell on Earth. Terrible Lake Natron, a living after which there will be none!

No doubt each of us wants at least once in a lifetime to visit one of the most beautiful exotic places of our vast planet. And if in order to get to the Maldives or the Seychelles, though people are willing to sell the soul to the devil, then there is a place on Earth, which many will not agree to go for anything in the world. After all, look how these natural miracle ... a real inferno.

If you do not consider yourself to discharge the faint of heart, you might be interested to learn about the hellish place, which freezes at the sight of blood in the veins and the hair stand on end even the most persistent! For one of the most horrible places in the world is Lake Natron, located in northern Tanzania, on the border with Kenya. This African pond got its name due to its high content of Natrona - a natural mineral, which gives its waters a mysterious and awesome view.

At first glance, the lake looks quite ordinary.

The depth of the reservoir - not more than three meters. The main feature of the lake - the water temperature is high (which can reach in some seasons to 60 ° C) and high alkalinity - this figure varies between pH 9 and pH 10.

During the rapid evaporation of water when the activity of cyanobacteria is activated, the lake begins to acquire a frightening blood-red hue. Admit it, it looks pretty scary. B>

To adapt to this "hellish" conditions it is possible only to a small number of organisms, so the fauna of the lake are rather scanty. By the way, only here you can find a rare species of fish - tilapia alkaline. B>

In addition, the lake looks terrible, it keeps a terrible secret. Waters became the last refuge for many animals that become fossilized after a visit to the statue of the bloody lake. B>

Lake Natron is well known that this is where flamingos fly during mating season.

The event is, of course, is quite dangerous for rozovokrylyh birds - they build their nests on the islands of salt, surrounded by deadly waters of the terrible lake.

When still animals accidentally fall into the lake, they immediately die, covered with minerals and turning into a real stone effigies.

It's terrible, but a unique phenomenon could not fail to attract the attention of a famous photographer Nick Brandt, who has long specialized in the study of the African continent.

To your photo book, which is very telling title - "In the ravaged land," he collected the dead animals found around this terrible place, and arranged them in natural poses during his lifetime.

This is why these pictures are more like frames from a horror movie, so realistic everything is thought out.

The author explains that his pictures wanted to create the illusion that the bird rose from the dead to once again remind humanity that death could lie in wait at every corner.

«I could not photograph them» i>, - confessed to Brandt, one of the reports.

Br-rr, I already shudder went through the body from these terrible staff! Incidentally, the reason for the death of the birds had still not been established. Many believe that the whole thing into a powerful reflectance of this infernal lake. Like birds, crashing on the transparent glass houses, African Flyers cut into the surface of the reservoir that instantly transforms them into petrified mummy. I do not know, I would be willing to visit this sinister place after such images. Only one kind of these poor animals, forever frozen in stone, is not alone.

Interestingly, while some of your friends would dare to visit this terrible lake at least out of curiosity? Share this post with them - see how many brave souls among your friends.

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting