Impressive pictures of the cosmos for the week

This week there was a lot of interesting things in terms of space exploration as outer space and the objects in the solar system. This was published relevant articles and news on Geektimes. Today I offer you a small selection of photos of the cosmos - stars, planets, spacecraft.

Some photos published "based on" materials that have already been placed - it is, for example, self Curiosity and photo Dione, Saturn's moon.

Excellent picture stars and nebula Hen 2-427 M1-67, at a distance of 15,000 light years from Earth. Bright center - a star Wolf-Rayet. All the luminaries of this type - hot stars is very high luminosity, with bright and broad spectral lines of hydrogen, neutral and ionized helium and nitrogen, carbon, oxygen in various stages of ionization (NIII - NV, CIII - CIV, OIII - OV). Surrounded by star nebula is about 10 thousand years. Photo ESA / Hubble & NASA. I>

Curiosity made another self. This time on a rocky hill «Buckskin», where the rover was sampled rock. I>

This region NGC 2174, where active star formation is happening. It is called this region "monkey head" because of the specific form of clouds. Infrared image of the region makes the "head" of the invisible, but allows scientists to understand the processes. Now here is the formation of new clusters of stars that have come about in a thousand years. Red areas - are young stars surrounded by warm dust. All of this can be seen only with an infrared telescope. I>

The image of Dione, the fourth moon of Saturn. The unit Cassini was the most high-quality image of the celestial body on record behind him. i>

And now - the image of the surface of Dione. i>

The astronaut Scott Kelly took this picture of the northern lights with the ISS, August 15, 2015. i>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/260714/

Tags

See also

New and interesting