Home - people

Can you believe if they heard that in your town has a children's space school? I - hardly. Natural such skepticism, based on the usual "who cares?", "Who will spend it on your time?". The longer I put up jaw from the floor when he found himself in such a school. But first things first:

Accident h4> The end of September 2014. Approaching festive date - launch of the first satellite, and Ufa planetarium Announces Space Week - lectures, film screenings, and similar activities. This schedule sends me Alexander Shaenko with a question - whether I am there to participate? In Ufa great planetarium, one of the few programs showing polnokupolnye conducting evening sidewalk astronomy and other interesting things. It seemed easier lecture in antikafe, and in the activities of the planetarium, I expected a maximum audience. Nevertheless, in an amicable irrepressible Alexander with someone there contacted and someone there told me. A few days later I call a man who introduced himself as Alex, and offers meet. Good thing, space geeks should know about each other, so I agree.

Space cellar h4> In principle, has a first look at the situation shows that the work is long and fruitful:

Further conversation (and my companion turned Alexei Allikas, Excellence in Public Education of the Republic of Bashkortostan, «Man of the Year - 2005» on version of the television "All Ufa" and winner of numerous other awards ) filled with really good surprise. Because the school is "large space travel" has been working for twenty years. Two study groups totaling 10-15 people are trained in the full curriculum of three stages:

1. Introduction.
  2. Design.
  3. Flight. Students choose a specialization of the general parallel program. Someone teaches theory and performs calculations:

Someone interested in working hands and racks show the results of their work:

And anyone is interested only in a virtual flight simulator:

As the simulator is used Orbiter (nice that series of my publications and was useful to them). Pay attention to the seriousness of the approach - the work is divided between virtual "ship" and "Mission Control Center", as a model of the ship used previously developed and designed the project. Book «Manned mission to Mars» ed. AS Koroteeva actually is a desktop. A virtual room very atmospheric ship framed. Even markers hanging Velcro to not flown in "weightlessness».

The Past, Present and Future h4> Growing up, children are subject to change, the young astronauts can go to the Indians, knights or begin to reconstruct the period of the Great Patriotic War, and this is normal. The club «Crossroads» is adjacent room one basement. But there are those who maintain the children's fascination with outer space. School "Big Space Travel" can boast about a couple dozen graduates now working in the space industry.
    The quality of training is confirmed by repeated victories in competitions and awards at competitions. For example, in 2013, three students were winners junior contest "Star Relay» . Representatives IBMP RAS earnestly proposed algorithm "after school to sign the contract on target set in college, then in the cosmonaut and forward - to conduct an adult version of this experiment on the ISS».

Pupils attending the CPC:

Interaktorium "Mars-Tefo»:

Trainers Ufa airport:

There is even summer space camp .

The future also looks good school. The idea of ​​children's space center has found support in the government of Bashkortostan, and is currently working in the process of architectural design competition. After a few years the school "Big Space Travel" will move out of the basement into a new, great and good technical equipment of the building.

Conclusion h4> In the early twentieth century space program moved dreamers. People "sick" theme, written and published books, lectured, worked hard and made it so that space-interested and hundreds of thousands of people who have become workers, engineers, designers and scientists. Who knows, maybe thanks to people like Alex, will begin the process of crystallization of a new round of development of space exploration?

Photos taken from the archive of the school of "large space travel," or are their own work.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/240672/

Also:

Tags

See also

New and interesting