Fear of flying

As long as you read the first paragraph of tiny, rose in the sky, at least three hundred boards. And at this very moment at the top hanging about five thousand aircraft, with 80% of these poor fellows sitting in the wild are now experiencing a panic attack and sorted out in my mind all of its non-genuine fears. The same that fingered you, when holding a ticket for the flight.

"Bozhechki! This garbage with wings - it is also an iron! I think it's a miracle that she can fly! "There are no miracles, and an ordinary aerodynamics. In order to understand the operation of the aircraft does not have to be a scientist. When you go to the car, opened the window, and set his hand under the counter-flow of air. Feel the flow pulls your hand up? The higher the speed, the greater the lift force. In other words, the plane simply can not fly.

"But if you refuse engine? Here - rrraz. And shut up! And everything! "It's not even funny! According to the theory of probability rather your boss will give you a duplex in Manhattan than refuse engine. Do you believe in chief and in Manhattan? Hardly! Then where thoughts about the engine? In addition, in modern aircraft engines usually several, and only one is operating normally, to fly to the host airport and sit quietly. And if anything, the airplane is able to sit down with engines inoperative. Remember about aerodynamics. She, unlike the boss, always for you!

Well I do not know. When I think that a stone down navernёmsya, so everything inside is cold "what-what? How such a stone? In fact, the plane can not physically "be screwed" from a height of 10,000 meters, because it is designed to slowly and carefully plan (google about "air cushion). He is like slipping on a gently sloping hill in the air - is based on a hill wings, a little lower a little nose and moves down neatly down.

"And can fall off the wing! Aircraft are always very scared "waving" wings, especially when landing. I have personally seen! "Oh, yes! As for the "wings fall off" - this is really scary! Because if you're talking about it somewhere lyapnesh, you laughed at. Remember, and tell others - on production aircraft has never been cases with blade wings. Never! And the fact that the wing landing vibrates - the absolute norm. So it responds to raznoperemennye load. Now, if the plane does not "waving", it would be much worse. However, he will simply not be taken off.

"Turbulence afraid. This is very dangerous. Could end badly "No do not tell about it! Turbulence - regular oscillations of the aircraft caused by eddy currents of wind. It arises when passing through some types of clouds, and absolutely safe. Overload, which then undergoes an airplane, much less than those encountered by the car on rough roads.

"On air pockets then what do you say? Also say that it is safe? Yes? "No. Do not say. How to be safe what is not? Air pockets just - an illusion. Snag! Downdraft replaced rising due to the pressure difference, and there is a false impression that you are dropping into the hole. In fact, the plane just a little bit lost in the vertical lifting speed without losing the speed of horizontal movement.

"Once the pilots are all sorts. Well, there trainee will be put in place commander. Or flu at FAC. Or does he insane. Maybe his mother in law anniversary was yesterday or "today cat gave birth to kittens yesterday," and to celebrate it at the helm of "In fact, there is such a thing as a pre-flight inspection crew. And there are rules and checklists that are truly and seriously comply. Checked everything from the appearance of the pilots to the shelf life of muffins, filed for dessert. Assume that a flight can prevent unhealthy man or God forbid, inadequate, or may just ignorant ... or aerophobia.

"You still say that all new and modern aircraft. Some fifteen years, or even longer. How to wreck a fly and not to be afraid? "Fly and not afraid of anything! Firstly, the aircraft regularly inspect, check before each flight and make full maintenance every 300-500 cycles (sometimes more). And secondly, aircraft - non-perishable yogurt. Fifteen years of service to the ship - is the medium term. The five-year aircraft - and at the teenager.

"I understand everything. But fall - the same! Fall! Why can not it happen to me? "Again, dear aerophobia. At this very moment in the sky above you is not one, not two, but dozens of aircraft. Each of them can easily sverzitsya right on your head. Why, instead of running to the shelter, you're calm you click the mouse on the screen and sipping tea? Should not you now hold the heart and a hunted look at the ceiling?

"When I fly, I can not control it. It's terrible, "In fact, life is such a thing that it attempts to control always pretty meaningless. No one knows what will happen in a second. Anything can happen with anyone. But this is unlikely to be associated with the aircraft. Because they - perhaps the most reliable and predictable, the fact that there are in this world.

Source: www.pics.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting